Very British

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Eduardo
Eduardo
375 posts

Re: Very British
Dec 14, 2007, 09:50
Absolutely agree with you about uncut magazine, add beatles to the list of articles we get to read for the 100th time. (Used to like the crossword though!)

I'm not slavish and adoring about bands or artists any more, it's all just music for pleasure. We'd be boring buggers if we all liked the same stuff. The clash weren't worthy of adolation, turns out neither were any of their peers. Most rock stars as people seem to be vain & egomaniacal - probably why they became roc stars. Joe Strummer never seemed TO ME to be like that. Chances are he was as vain & bigheaded as everyone else, he managed to keep up a staunch pretence about his background to lend authority to his political stance after all.

I remember a comic strip in Sounds - what rock stars really mean. The first pic was Mick Jagger going "I was born in a crossfire hurricane", translated into something like "I was born in affluent suburb of expensive part of London". Then was Joe Strummer going "Daddy was a bankrobber", which translated as "Daddy was a weathy merchant banker". Last pic was Art Garfunkel going "Like a bridge over troubled water", whose translation I forget but was something deep & powerful! Sorry I'm rambling..
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index