Local Bands

98 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: Local Bands
Aug 23, 2005, 12:33
I've been a weeeeee bit spoilt I'm afraid coming from Yeovil, the hive of talent that was around in my teen years was just amazing!! ;o)

PJ Harvey - Started off as a backing singer for Grape and The Family Cat and then became her own entity!! Remember travelling back from Taunton Community Centre after seeing some band and listening to John Peel and him playing 'Dress'. We just stopped the car in a layby on the 303 and just sat in awe, rest is history as they say!

Grape - they were just wonderful! Lovely pure pop! Had various incarnations including Basinger!

The Chesterfields - Loved them to pieces, cheesy bouncey lovely pop and they wrote a song about my mate Alison! Had a couple of albums out and were HUGE in Japan... even to the point that when Davey died a couple of years ago some girls came over from Japan for the funeral!! ;o)

Bob - Indie guitary pop.

99th Floor - Can't remember what they sounded like, but I was soooooooooo in love with Tim the bass player that it really didn't matter!! lol... followed them to the strangest pubs in Dorset to watch them play! Tim always wore black leggins and a 'Indie Kid' Senseless Things T-shirt was just mad about him!! ;o)

The Walmington and the Half Moon in Sherborne were the best local venues. I did see Jesus Jones at The Gardens Nightclub in Yeovil.. that was an experience and a half!! ;o)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index