Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Edited May 04, 2017, 16:20
Re: Another Election
May 04, 2017, 16:17
Rhiannon wrote:
I don't think it's crap, it was a humorous way of pointing out that eternally looking backward to the good old days when Britain was Great, isn't much of a forward-looking plan to a bright brexity future.

It smacks of children whining "but he did X, he started it, I just...."

But maybe the nuances were lost on someone eager to take offence. You can hold any opinion you want as long as you take responsibility for the results of your voting, as far as I'm concerned. It wasn't a personal attack was it. It wasn't even your words, it was a link to someone else's!!!!

I guess we have a different definition of ‘humour’ Rhiannon. By a stretch of the imagination your post (below) might be interpreted as humorous but it was the last word in that post - ‘Jesus’ - that tilted it away from humour to sarcasm.

Correct me if I’m wrong but your -

Rhiannon wrote:
Yeah and don't forget we won the battle of Waterloo, remind them of that. And the world cup in 1966. And generally, that Britons nevernevernever shall be slaves. Etc. Don't mention the battle of Hastings though.

Jesus

- is the first time you’ve commented on this thread. With the exception of just a couple of comments (out of over 200) most people here, on both sides of the election/Brexit issue, have spent considerable time expressing their opinions in a thoughtful manner. You might try doing the same.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index