Topic View: Flat | Threaded
John Rice
John Rice
38 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2017, 13:29
Re: Another Election
Apr 28, 2017, 13:11
Locodogz wrote:
Are you not allowed to get a passport then?

I don't own a dog, doesn't mean I don't have the right to own a dog should I choose to.

Funny thing - it's not even true. You *can* travel between EU countries without a passport (plenty of people commute to work across open borders every day). It's yet more evidence that lots of people in the UK rail against the EU - even vote to leave - and yet clearly haven't bothered to actually learn anything about it.

As an EU citizen, you _do_ need to be able to prove your identity in order to do certain things within the EU - pass through security in an airport; claim benefits; get a job. You can do that with any valid form of photo ID though (passport tends to be the most convenient, but an EU photo-driving-licence will do just as well in most cases).

Which is exactly the same by the way, if you are a UK citizen trying to get benefits in the UK. You _do_ need to prove your identity even in that case... I'm quite sure you can't just walk into a random post-office in the UK, state an unverified name and address, show no ID, and still expect to receive a dole payment? Or is that how it works now in the UK?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index