Another Election

Pages: 37 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Another Election
Apr 18, 2017, 11:31
Can't say I'm overly surprised about today's call for a GE, even cameron didn't want to take on the obvious fiasco that was brexit and May's just shown how weak her hand is. Will this change anything? Doubtful, I don't believe Corbyn has enough public support to win a GE outright, but there maybe the option of coalitions.

In the meantime there's local elections which will be slightly more entertaining!
Jeez
98 posts

Re: Another Election
Apr 18, 2017, 12:29
Please God someone stop her. She claims to represent the average person but she's killing the NHS and extending Austerity by stealth. Yet somehow she's massively popular.
They're already asking Corbyn if he's going to stand down after the Election.
They think it's already won.
I don't think I can take another five years but she's gonna get it.
The Labour MPs won't even stand behind their leader - they'd better get their acts together or we're all gonna be screwed.
Depressed.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 12:47
Totally agree, I think a left coalition would be the only way to get them out.
John Rice
John Rice
38 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 13:07
Captain Starlet wrote:
Totally agree, I think a left coalition would be the only way to get them out.

Except there's no time for that (someone prove me wrong, please!)

Highly likely the tories will win with a fairly comfortable majority. LibDems will pick up pro-EU votes from those with short memories and further hurt Labour who are lost under Corbyn.

At a time when the UK has badly needed an effective opposition, Corbyn has resolutely failed to rally his party. Those on his side - with some justification - claim he's been hamstrung by biased press-coverage and fifth columnists. Others - also with justification - say that a party leader's entire job is to get beyond that stuff and communicate their message despite it. And Corbyn hasn't done that job.

Whether you're pro or anti-brexit; the benefits of having the process scrutinised and challenged by a sensible opposition is surely to everyone's benefit -- though even such scrutiny appears to be tantamount to treason in the new Daily Mail-run UK.

If the tories win a further mandate; it will primarily be based on how they have handled brexit to date (appallingly IMO, but that's me). And it will be an endorsement of that approach.

Heaven help us!
Jeez
98 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 13:12
When do we get the results of the Tory Party Election Fraud inquiry? That could be our only chance. Lock them all up.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 13:31
If only everything was as it should be, Labour and Lib-Dems should both be calling for: If not Soft Brexit then No Brexit ....

but Corbyn is too self-obsessed to do that.

(From a previous Corbyn supporter)
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 14:17
I'm hopeful for a coalition, the last one wasn't long preplanned either so can be done. All depends on whether Corbyn will act. I think the libs and SNP will get a larger vote, a lot of people are really pissed off about brexit!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 14:17
June 9th I imagine!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 14:18
Totally agree (from another previous Corbyn supporter)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 17:00
Real smart woman. Thatcher with a heart. Irrespective of what all the moaners have to say about her she is very popular with the nation as a whole and the following years will show this to be justified as she steers us out of Europe while dealing with all the other orchestrated crap she has to put up with along the way at the same time. I have never voted Conservative in my life but will this time. I'm supporting our country like a true brit should under any difficult circumstance and won't be commenting further.
Pages: 37 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index