Duterte update

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: Duterte update
Apr 02, 2017, 21:54
thesweetcheat wrote:
I'm assuming you will enjoy this. https://twitter.com/DMReporter/status/848103847943954432

See, he wasn't all bad, he liked children and animals you know.

I haven't written anything about Hitler other than to state what should be obvious to anyone, which is that Duterte isn't Hitler. To suggest that my argument calling for "a more nuanced approach to understanding Duterte and the Philippines" is the same as defending Hitler lacks all logical credibility.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Apr 02, 2017, 22:01
My post was replying to Nigel.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2017, 01:20
Apr 03, 2017, 01:17
Duterte continues to fight the grip of the Narco Gangs and their reign of terror run in tandem with Abu Sayyaf (aka ISIS). The Narco-ISIS Dogs of War are based there by International Drug and Criminal Gangs and supplied by them. Their terror campaigns are to intimidate a population and make everyone feel helpless. The Narco Gangs have a basic and kind of limited arsenal of techniques with machetes, knives and chainsaws. Some of the machetes and knives are a bit blunt, which makes their hostage execution videos a bit uncomfortable and difficult to watch. They have obviously learned from the Mexican Drug Lords.

The footage of the beheading of the 70 year old German hostage Jurgen Kantner was a bit like that. He didn't struggle. I suppose it was all over by that point as the Narco Gang had already murdered his wife. He had nothing to live for after that I suppose. Hope leaves you. The two Canadians last year was pretty grim too. There are still around 20 Western Hostages being held for ransom and a few Philippinos too. Don't hold out any hope, though Duterte's miltary are gaining ground, there are powerful International Supply Lines at stake and the Company and the Usual Suspects are hovering around as always.

The Philippines has the highest Methamphetamine Hydrochloride/ Shabu/ Chrystal Meth problem in the world according to the World Health Organisation. Psychotic Meth heads run in the streets taking elderly helpless victims hostage and butchering them. These Meth Heads are often set upon by members of the public and lynched, beaten to death or severely injured in attempts to free their helpless hostages.

52,000 Americans died from prescribed Opioid Painkillers last year. The Opioid Painkillers (OxyContin - "Morphine in a pill") are manufactured by the Sackler family in Connecticut. They are Billionaires.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 16:21
Try as I might,
I did not achieve a 'Nuanced' point of view as regards Hitler after perusing that link.
Still an all-time asshole.{I know that you knew that....}
I suspect that hitler will certainly form at least part of the welcoming committee for duterte when he arrives in hell.
And so from the perspective of eternity, hitler and duterte have a 'LOT' in common.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 17:33
I'd be amazed if you had, but clearly a fair number of people subscribing to what passes for acceptable mainstream media in the UK are now under the impression that Hitler should be reassessed as "not all bad". Mind you, the same esteemed publication supported Hitler in the 1930s before what one of the commentators calls "the unpleasantness" so I guess there is long term consistency.

Joking aside though, this normalising of extreme right wing views is scary.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 17:38
How you can conflate 'Abu Sayyaf ' {a declared Islamic/terrorist organization} operating primarily in the southern islands of the Philippines and there actions, with Duterte's unconscionable police actions that primarily target{for summary execution} desperately poor {primarily catholic} drug addicted, victims at the very lowest rung{slums of Manila} of their respective society, is something only you could possibly understand.
But obfuscation is a game you have repeatedly tried to play out here many times....
Well.......
at least I can link to Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch as reference sources for the real truth at hand.
Yes, I know, if there is anything that I have learned from you and Phallus Dei{Cock God...???}{Seriously...???}....,it's that only the 2 of you are in possession of the 'Truth'....any other origins of reference are immediately suspect.....
I'm completely OK with my own resources.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 17:46
thesweetcheat wrote:

I'm not sure it's just "extreme right wing" views though...
No expert here, but from past posts, I think it's some sort of inscrutable 'Marxist' agenda that's being pushed.
Poor ole' Dhajjie just don't get it.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 17:54
dhajjieboy wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

I'm not sure it's just "extreme right wing" views though...
No expert here, but from past posts, I think it's some sort of inscrutable 'Marxist' agenda that's being pushed.
Poor ole' Dhajjie just don't get it.

Sorry, I was meaning the commentators on the Mail, rather than anyone here.
phallus dei
583 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 21:56
dhajjieboy wrote:
How you can conflate 'Abu Sayyaf ' {a declared Islamic/terrorist organization} operating primarily in the southern islands of the Philippines and there actions, with Duterte's unconscionable police actions that primarily target{for summary execution} desperately poor {primarily catholic} drug addicted, victims at the very lowest rung{slums of Manila} of their respective society, is something only you could possibly understand.
But obfuscation is a game you have repeatedly tried to play out here many times....
Well.......
at least I can link to Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch as reference sources for the real truth at hand.
Yes, I know, if there is anything that I have learned from you and Phallus Dei{Cock God...???}{Seriously...???}....,it's that only the 2 of you are in possession of the 'Truth'....any other origins of reference are immediately suspect.....
I'm completely OK with my own resources.

The Philippines, before Duterte came to power, had one of the highest homicide rates in Asia, higher than Afghanistan. Here is the relevant info, drawn from the United Nation's Office of Drugs and Crime:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

And here is an article written by a person in the Philippines during the lead-up to the election, also noting the country's drastic rise in crime:

http://www.rappler.com/nation/118004-crime-drugs-philippines

How do you propose Duterte solve such a problem? Do violent gang members deserve better treatment than terrorists?
phallus dei
583 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 21:57
dhajjieboy wrote:
Try as I might,
I did not achieve a 'Nuanced' point of view as regards Hitler after perusing that link.
Still an all-time asshole.{I know that you knew that....}
I suspect that hitler will certainly form at least part of the welcoming committee for duterte when he arrives in hell.
And so from the perspective of eternity, hitler and duterte have a 'LOT' in common.

Hitler was a madman who directed his hatred toward an imagined enemy (his paranoid visions of a Jewish conspiracy). Duterte is attempting to solve a real problem. They have nothing in common.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index