U-Know! Forum »
The Future of the Labour Party

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: The Future of the Labour Party
Sep 09, 2016, 17:51
I think you'll find KV's done nothing illegal. So if you want to get all puritanical and righteous that's up to you but most people have moved on a bit in the 21st century. Even Katie Hopkins agrees
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3776094/Newspapers-right-expose-slippery-Mr-Vaz-public-right-slaver-unless-broken-law-right-tell-mind-moral-business.html
You've been known to write about "women" politicians and if you're further to the right than Katie Hopkins... don't think anyone's that worried about your opinion of Jeremy Corbyn eh.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Sep 18, 2016, 11:08
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/17/jeremy-corbyn-should-be-tougher-not-my-style
Guardian weekend interview with JC.
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Sep 18, 2016, 22:06
So.... windbag Kinnock's sounded off in full anti- JC mode, full version Mon. Wonder who decided to interview him, and why. Smith's stuffed, everyone knows: what's the point? As a reporter said on Newsnight a few weeks back, JC fills halls, Smith struggles to fill a room. Wonder whether reporter got smacked botty for stating truth and bleeding obvious.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Sep 19, 2016, 17:42
spencer wrote:
So.... windbag Kinnock's sounded off in full anti- JC mode, full version Mon. Wonder who decided to interview him, and why. Smith's stuffed, everyone knows: what's the point? As a reporter said on Newsnight a few weeks back, JC fills halls, Smith struggles to fill a room. Wonder whether reporter got smacked botty for stating truth and bleeding obvious.

I assume they are hoping to get a majority of Labour's Pre Corbyn Orginals knowing that JC already has the vast majority of New Originals in his pocket. Trying to gain the moral high ground by claiming they and the PLP represent "real" Labour rather than Trot entryist Labour. Not going to happen I don't think but that is all they have left.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 19, 2016, 18:38
I think he should be tougher as many people no longer trust the MP's who turned against him and many party members. To continually offering olive branches is quite offensive to some as there's likely to be another leadership challenge next year and people may not support Corbyn as it's a sign of weakness to continually expect people to back him and campaign for him
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Sep 20, 2016, 00:35
Sep 20, 2016, 00:27
It's quite mad that I, as a union member affiliated to The Labour Party have a vote in the leadership, whereas, those who actually joined The Labour Party to create some kinda change don't. I voted for Corbyn right enough, but if I were a member of The Labour Party (which I'm not, just affiliated and give them money year in and year out) I wouldn't be allowed to vote due to my varying views. I'd be banned and my vote would be recinded. Better out than in it seems as I have criticised The Labour Party and followed The SNP, and that nice Greens lot too.

A fucking joke. Never use your real name on social media, as The Labour Party are out to getcha!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 21, 2016, 11:49
I use my own real name if they purge me I'm quite honestly past caring. I put my name down to run for councillor here but in a good mind to run as independent as party politics doesn't do many favour on a local council level, especially where I live. I like Corbyn but with his new proposed cabinet including the likes of Dan Jarvis it's a safe bet there'll be another challenge next year and many will people support Corbyn again? I don't he'll get the same level of support as many people want him to put his foot down and stop holding out olive branches for people who don't want them
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Sep 24, 2016, 10:33
10-30ish, Conference and result day....the suspense is killing me (cough)
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Sep 24, 2016, 14:03
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/24/labour-leadership-jeremy-corbyn-wins-landslide-victory-party

well I'd say that was fairly decisive from all sections of the electorate, wouldn't you.

Let's see if those previously unsupportive MPs show they want 'unity' now. If they don't, I suggest they go and form their own party. New labour has been such a vote winner for years now, so they should do excellently.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 24, 2016, 14:32
It's good new to say the least and I hope the party can focus on being an opposition and not continue to resort to this senseless backstabbing. A few people I do think just need to be expelled from the party as they've caused so much trouble that there's not going tone any reconciliation, with regards to people like Alastair Campbell, John McTernan, Iain McNicol and Tom Watson, oh yeah Jess Phillips too. I can't see how they can justify their roles within the party now. And what of Owen thingy? Back to nowheresville for him!
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index