Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Edited Aug 17, 2016, 11:02
Re: If you can bear to watch...
Aug 17, 2016, 11:01
Watching, but yup, cringefest. Vetted audience divided into blocks. Anti JC block seems to have been selected by being asked how loud they can go 'WHOOOO!!' Derbyshire, who I do not like, showed Corbyn a pic of Ant and Dec, who he did not recognise, and then she told him they were supporters. Then she asked him how many medals Wiggins had won, which he got wrong, as apparently he had in a tweet, and then she asked him if he did hid his tweets or did someone else. Obviously he is a Bad Person... doubltless Derbyshire is being fed stuff through that earpiece. Interesting to see what soundbites turn up on the Beebnews later. The 'undecided' audience section has just been asked, if they had made a view, to move to the pro or anti Corbyn block: they have overwhelmingly moved to pro JC.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Aug 17, 2016, 12:25
I can't stand Owen Smith.
Has he really had a charisma bypass?

What makes him more competent than Corbyn?
His ability to invent roles for Corbyn in a nonexistent party lineup that hopefully will never even begin to be.

Hope that Corbyn does not extend an invitation to the front bench to him. But I guess he would need to appease the supporters. Would he?
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Aug 17, 2016, 13:31
Turns out Ant and Dec support the Tories. Well done Victoria and chums. Oh yeah, Corbyn didn't know the current price of a first class stamp when asked. Bastard. At least the audience migration to Corbyn's side at the end was shown on the news.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Aug 17, 2016, 14:46
Aug 17, 2016, 13:59
spencer wrote:
The 'undecided' audience section has just been asked, if they had made a view, to move to the pro or anti Corbyn block: they have overwhelmingly moved to pro JC.

People have decided that it is good to like people who seem real even if "real" means being a loud mouth bigot (Hopkins / Farage obvs) at one end of the scale or really good at cakes or cycling or science or playing ok-ish folkie singer songwriter ditties with a beard and red hair at the other. After years of unreal reality tv and completely unreal politics the idea of real people being popular is now popular. If you follow me. JC seems about as genuine as you get in someone with Party Leader as job title.

Cameron's last pop culture gaff, not being able to tell Villa from West Ham, was the apotheosis of that kind of thing. I would lay money that Gordon Brown didn't really like the Arctic whatsits either. Conversely I found the idea of Gideon going to see Public Enemy and the Beasties at Brixton oddly endearing. Now that's a story I actually do believe because the disconnect between what he seems to enjoy and what he does politically is already so pronounced.

For the record I send loads of letters and have no idea what the stamps cost. I buy a book of 10 and they have 1st printed on them. I guess I am un-electable.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Aug 17, 2016, 15:34
I guessed 55p. Turns out that's the price of a 2nd class stamp coincidentally. First class is 64p.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Aug 17, 2016, 15:38
Stevo wrote:
I can't stand Owen Smith.
Has he really had a charisma bypass?

What makes him more competent than Corbyn?
His ability to invent roles for Corbyn in a nonexistent party lineup that hopefully will never even begin to be.

Hope that Corbyn does not extend an invitation to the front bench to him. But I guess he would need to appease the supporters. Would he?

Not sure Corbyn would bother offering, the whole point of the challenge is the premise Corbyn is unelectable and "not a leader", how could Smith then accept a position on his front bench?
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Aug 18, 2016, 00:02
Yup, you have electable dysfunction
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Aug 18, 2016, 00:03
Sorry for the limp joke
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Aug 18, 2016, 00:34
Toni Torino wrote:
I guessed 55p. Turns out that's the price of a 2nd class stamp coincidentally. First class is 64p.

A can of Coca Cola costs forty one billion pounds right enough.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Aug 18, 2016, 08:27
It was rather good that Smith put his foot in his mouth again by saying he'd like to see negotiations with isis. No doubt thinking 'ah yes this is what Corbyn's people will like to hear, negotiation, they love that instead of bombing people.' But Corbyn gave a resolute NO. It made me laugh. Then the man had to backtrack wildly 'oh yes but I meant only when they renounce violence and everything'. Hmm that shows a good grasp of the situation. They'll be doing that when hell freezes over, it's the violence that's their raison detre. It's not like they're using it to make some other point, surely, so they'll stop when they get what they want. What they want is never going to happen.
Anyway it did make me laugh at the radio.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index