The Future of the Labour Party

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: The Future of the Labour Party
Jun 29, 2016, 14:33
Interesting that this thread's called "The Future of the Labour Party" as there may well not even be one unless the PLP start doing their jobs!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 29, 2016, 18:36
Interesting development from Eoin Clarke

Unions just backed Corbyn
240 Councillors just backed JC
13,000 new members (maj. back JC)
95% of CLP Chairs back JC
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Jun 30, 2016, 06:17
Jun 30, 2016, 06:15
Johnson, Benn, Umunna, Cooper, Jowell, Reeves, et al should fuck off and join the Tories.

Blairite scum.

Seriously, there must be a high likelihood of a split in the Labour Party. But it MUST be the Blairites who are forced to leave. Corbyn MUST hang on through these difficult days and defeat whatever gonk they put up against him in the coming leadership election (Angela Eagle?! FFS!). (Assuming of course they are unsuccesful in denying him the nomination.)

My heart goes out to him dealing with these class-traitors.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 09:53
There's a thing now called saving Labour being run by the blairites and promoted by one Alastair Campbell, among others. They're calling for people to join just to basically get rid of Corbyn
Myers
Myers
151 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 10:53
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Here's one for you, and one that occurred to me as I watched the news this evening. If Jeremy Corbyn is going to fight another leadership campaign, will he need the backing of 50 MP's like other candidates? Cos he certainly wouldn't get it. And how can he go on when there aren't enough MP's willing to join his shadow cabinet? If JC is the leader come the General Election, how can the 170 odd MP's that oppose him possibly stand - wont there be a need for new candidates that actually support him?

I think this is the end of the Labour Party as we know it.

Whatever happens now, it will never be the same. There will be a split, a breakaway party will form with a huge amount of current Labour MPs joining.

How they will then get on in any by election is anyone's guess.

Corbyn has never had my support, and I'm not sure he could gain it, but if he is to be ousted it needs to be done in a proper and legal manner - not this death by 1000 cuts.
carol27
747 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 15:19
thispoison wrote:
Johnson, Benn, Umunna, Cooper, Jowell, Reeves, et al should fuck off and join the Tories.

Blairite scum.

Seriously, there must be a high likelihood of a split in the Labour Party. But it MUST be the Blairites who are forced to leave. Corbyn MUST hang on through these difficult days and defeat whatever gonk they put up against him in the coming leadership election (Angela Eagle?! FFS!). (Assuming of course they are unsuccesful in denying him the nomination.)

My heart goes out to him dealing with these class-traitors.

Agreed,Corbyn must see this through.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 17:07
Jeremy Corbyn isn't perfect and has made a few mistakes, including in my opinion not showing enough support for the remain campaign, but what better time to show solidarity with him than than now, when the Tories today are also ripping their own party apart!
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 22:25
I just joined to keep him. I like the old school principals, refreshing in an age of Blairite clones essentially Tories in drag, they haven't the 1st clue what the Labour party stands for - they would have stabbed Keir Hardy in the back. Labour has survived breakaways before - remember the SDP?

I hope he survives, politics needs him.

Interestingly read what Billy Bragg has to say about a Remain rally in Birmingham thousands there- Bragg and Corbyn on stage - no media coverage. I can never remember an era where the media is manipulating the news as much as it is now.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 23:59
Joolio Geordio wrote:

Interestingly read what Billy Bragg has to say about a Remain rally in Birmingham thousands there- Bragg and Corbyn on stage - no media coverage. I can never remember an era where the media is manipulating the news as much as it is now.

OT from Labour, but just before Gove stabbed Boris in the back Murdoch publicly expressed his wish that Gove was standing rather than Boris. And Leave want to break free from politics being dictated by unelected foreign influences. Ha ha ha ha!
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Jul 01, 2016, 02:17
Typo in the last word, Myers
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index