Register
U-Know! Forum »
More Bono bashing (never enough IMO)

135 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Loopy Lumbago
Loopy Lumbago
95 posts

Re: More Bono bashing (never enough IMO)
Oct 14, 2010, 11:33
No, Mr B, I don't hate Bono at all.
To me he's a face and a name that pops up in the celebrity news from time to time along Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.
And how he uses his money; personally I couldn't care less.
And I'm well aware you can find ruthless motherfuckers among musicians as in any other group. But I can't really see that being a ruthless motherfucker should give anyone carte blanche to exploit said motherfucker.

Quote: "Well a moral double standard based on whether or not you like someone's art is itself evidence of a cool-o-meter."

I see you're eagerly maintaining the claim that people here criticise Bonos economical dispositions and idealism/lack of idealism solely because they hate his music.
Seems to me that instead of claiming you can read peoples mind, this "cool-o-meter" pops up.
Imo you've delivered some good arguments against the criticism of said gentleman's idealism, and that's why I don't understand why this "cool-o-meter" argument should be necessary.
I'm far from being perfect myself, but I've really begun to wonder about some of the "debating techniques" being used on our beloved HH.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index