81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Re: Climate-Cat's out of the Bag!
Dec 07, 2009, 20:57
Hah!

Have no idea about the actual argument in detail which I suspect it where its needs to be settled. I'm satisfied that AGW is real because my step Dad who presented papers at the biggest global Nuclear Winter conferences (where the climate models now used had a lot of their origins) in Russia two or three decades ago has shifted in the 20+ years I've known him from the serious science based climate change sceptic/denier to saying things like. He's "read all the research I can on both sides" (and his career was in the production of research papers and the list of these is fucking vast) and said "I'm glad I'm nearly 80 because" in his view "there is no way there will be sufficient political motivation to take the action required, and the way chages will be made is through crisis, such as approaching 100 million migrants moving from Bangladesh to the surrounding countries and that amongst a number of other countries suffering lack of water, lack of energy, lack of food etc crises will cause a huge amount of social and political unrest and given what we know of human nature as it is at the moment that is not going to be a good period to live through".

Interestingy he's gone from viewing the giai (spelt?) theories as hippy tosh to a useful model (if used appropriately) for understanding some of the difficulties we are going to be facing.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index