90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Mar 10, 2007, 09:27
Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle
Mar 10, 2007, 09:00
DarkMagus wrote:

Sorry, but did you see the film? It stated and showed evidence that CO2 increases followed warming, not the other way round! i.e. warming of the oceans causes CO2 to increase 800 years AFTER the Earth has warmed. Therefore the CO2 is an effect of warming not a cause.....

Hob wrote:

So there's no problem with someone professing that natural sources of CO2 cause greenhouse warming. The problem comes when they say that just because natural sources of CO2 exist, that anthropogenic CO2 increases are irrelevant. They're still a factor.

Doesn't this give you an answer? Hob and Merrick seem to be among the few who actually understand this at any depth, but what I gather is that yes, naturally occurrent CO2 is a cosequence of changes in the earth's temperature, so those who proclaim that one are correct.

But you must differentiate between 'natural' 'CO2'and unnatural man made 'CO2' yourself before you claim you've had no satisfactory response from anyone. To quote the programme as to the general tenor on that one would be useful, IMO.
I know you say you're undecided yourself, which is fair enough. But I don't think it's useful to ignore that which has been addressed when you haven't fully put your own deck out!
I'm learning things here myself on this one!
x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index