U-Know! Forum »
The Great Global Warming Swindle

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
DarkMagus
170 posts

Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle
Mar 09, 2007, 13:17
You really are quite funny. Yes I said I didn't think it could be proved. That is not the same as saying it can't be disproved. Read up on your scientific method for clarification. As I've repeated here my position is largely agnostic. Your reply appeared as essentially character assasination. I'd be interested to hear your arguements against the science put forward in the film.....

And yes a minority unorthodox opinion can prevail in the long term. Did the sun not once rotate around the Earth???? At least most people who studied astromomy believed that. Apparently not anymore. This is the history of science, theorys get disproved ALL the time, even the most cherished ones. This will apply to things I currently believe, so I claim no superiority.

I've just re-read a Guardian article about the film (still online) written before it was broadcast and in retrospect it is almost as funny as your rant.

BTW I am pro-environment, but not bad science and fundamentalist positioning which characterises this debate. See previous thread (or should I call it feeding frenzy?). Since you brought up the previous thread, you now sound like a Christian who has been told God doesn't exist.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index