U-Know! Forum »
another american beheaded.

137 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Quexalcote
228 posts

What the fuck?
Jun 29, 2004, 00:04
I criticize the president every single day, and within this very thread. I think he ought to be criticized for the right reasons. I'm questioning the thinking of being opposed to the removal of a fascist dictator. And I think it's ridiculously selfish to say that you would support the liberation of the people of Iraq from that dictator if it were done by a different president for "the right reasons". Do you really think the US is ever going to have a "righteous" president? Do you know anything about American history or politics? I'm certainly no expert in either, but US presidents have been a mediocre lot for the most part, and their only real job is to ensure American economic stability. That is the motivation for virtually every move from the founding of the country until now. Fortunately we have a founding document full of righteous ideals, which , while never lived up to in full, provide a template for something a whole lot better than most places that I know about.

Any discussion of Doug P is a memory for me, but it would fit in with a soft approach to fascists if you're OK with that antisemitic asshole.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index