U-Know! Forum »
What is better than Capitalism?

180 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Nature
Sep 10, 2003, 22:35
Having spent the greater part of my life being lucky enough to observe nature, both on TV AND in the field, I can say that I agree with you, the larger primates are competitive, but they are also very protective within their own groups. Nature has a dictate that no species can outstrip it's own environment forever, but I cannot help believing that Native American culture realised this, whether or not they fought warring tribes, the central philosphy of life was inextricably linked to respect for the earth and other living beings as their provider and brothers and sisters, respectively. I believe that it was 'our' stomping hatred of this 'barrier' to exploitation that has set us ona course for self-detonation. It's hard to argue the case for human 'nature' when we have removed ourselves so far from nature itself (culturally), we seem to beable to encourage a bastardised version of acquisitiveness that transcends basic need and will BE that bus that stops for no-one or anything until it runs out of road?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index