The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Stonehenge & Environs

37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
costaexpress
77 posts

Re: Stonehenge & Environs
Nov 02, 2017, 20:34
Wow, Smithone you sound deadly serious. Obviously I will do nothing which could compromise such an important site, however, it is beginning to sound like our equivalent of Area 57, what goes on there that designates it 'Very private land' and makes it 'off limits' to the general public. I consider myself a very responsible antiquarian and would never do anything to endanger any protected site, however, you have of course raised the interest level enormously. Is it currently being worked? If not why is still so secretive, are there plans for further digs, are there artifacts still scattered around the area that could fall into the wrong hands, just whats the deal? (don't really expect you to answer that if it is so sensitive)
Hi Monganaut, thanks for the info, I found and printed out the walks from English Heritage, although they do cover familiar ground for me I am still looking forward to stomping around them again in particular paying a little more attention to the numerous barrows both North and South of the river. I was really looking forward to Blick Mead, however, may give it a miss until I can get official clearance following Smithone's request.
Thank you santuary, love the video, and want to follow the walk one day, however, on this occasion my description of Stonehenge and Environs is rather more limited to the Amesbury area.
Smithone has created a real dilemma for me, wont sleep tonight
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index