The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
freak'n'roll

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
johan
165 posts

Re: freak'n'roll
Sep 13, 2000, 15:50
Only trouble is, they grew into the culture that gave us probably the earliest and biggest example of the Roman Road/Autobahn/Motorway - namely the Spice Road!

"...motorway services were the new cities..."

Makes yer think. One man's MoFo is another man's NoNo
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Sep 13, 2000, 15:56
Not sure whether they were responsible for the Spice Road (and the subsequent Posh Lay By, Scary Junction, Sporty Contra-flow and Baby Slip Road: The Ginger Roundabout got built over), or they lived in the area it was built through.

Maybe they staged a pointy-hat protest when the builders moved in?!
Be cool
:-) MC
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Sep 13, 2000, 21:02
The photos I saw when those dudes were discovered showed half-decomposing bodies of european descent, with... you said it! conical hats! which freaked me out of my mind for days on end - the noble savage, no way! the nagging freak! straight-thinking road-bound rednecked greedy planks have always been the scourge of this planet

noooow I know where the minstrel you mention got his inspiration from for his 20 mothers-era looks
Proserpine
195 posts

Sep 22, 2000, 12:14
Anyone checked out "Lost Civilisations of the Stone Age" by Richard Rudgley? It gives loads of examples of how ancient folks were far, far more intelligent than we give 'em credit for. He mentions Stalactites & Stalagmites being used to make music & bits of bone as percussive 'rasps' & 'scrapers' - this going way,way back in time.
Yeah! Groovy!
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Sep 22, 2000, 16:26
Groooveee indeedee!!!

Loved both your posts on motoring fuck-ups (where-ever they are), Proserpine, take my cloak and I'll be your sequitur
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index