Unsung Forum »
What's Cope got against Gong?

35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Re: Musica Transonic / Bums / Gong
Feb 07, 2003, 21:59
As has previously been noted on HH there seems to be recurring words and phrases which im tuned to. The first ones either arse or bottom or perhaps bum, this normally provokeds comments about flesh and firmness and then possibly something about Nigella Lawson. MMMM. Anyway getting back to the point (possibly) are the words Musica Transonic, they always triggers delight when i see them posted about on here. They are possibly one of the most 'out there' bands ever to have played with ye olde drums bass and guitar. And also (possibly again) my most favouritest band ever :-) Orthodox Jazz captures them at their 'FUZZ' peak, the amp buzz as a prelude to the first song says it all really fucking marvelous. Has anyone bought 'Hard Rock Transonic' yet, was released on Fractal the other month?

Gongs Camembert Electrique along with the Velvets VU & Nico, Tim Buckley's Starsailor and Dr Johns Gri Gri gumba Night Tripper albums were my introduction to wierdy music. My manager lent them all to me all at the same time when i was 15 and i've never looked back since. Saw Gong once at the Bristol Bierkeller too when they were touring the Shapeshifter album i think it was if i remember, anyway there had been virtually no promotion done for the gig and only about 50 people turned up. Was a very special night indeed, almost as special as a nice round bottom in fact, going back to my earlier thoughts....... mmm The record and tape exchange place in Walcott street Bath has loads of rare Gong and related albums BTW or at least they did have about 4 weeks or so ago.

ToPS
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index