Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03

43 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03
Jan 12, 2003, 14:46
Building up a backlog of things to listen to... Had some great stuff come through the post this week!

Camper Van Beethoven - 'Tusk'. Really dig this. Recommend it.

Bowie - 'Heroes' & 'Lodger'. Have these on cassette and so when the hire car goes back, hopefully at the end of this week, I won't have the chance to play them, so borrowed them from the library to burn onto disc. I will have to get a tape deck one day!

Circle - 'Raunio'. I like this a lot. Thanks, Telepathine.

Liars - lots of their stuff, album, 10", and CD with Oneida.

Hope Sandoval - 'Bavarian Fruit Bread'. Ethereal female vocalist!

Holly Cole - covers of Tom Waits' songs. Dreamy quality to these. Thanks, Moey.

Also a compilation from Moey with the "unexpected covers" Bollywood 'Song To The Siren' and Lambchop's 'This Corrosion' on it. Great stuff. Bought the Muzik magazine with Senor Coconut, etc on the cover mount CD (Waiting for the Senor Coconut album to arrive in the post.) And bought the Frank & Walters CD single to hear their take on 'An Elegant Chaos'. Not good.

Neu! - 'Neu! 75'. This won't stay off the stereo!

Kraftwerk - 'Trans Europe Express'. I particularly like the first side.

Mileece - 'Formations'.

Velvet Underground - 'The Quine Tapes'. Another library loan. Not immediate! Doesn't seem to have the drive of 'Live 1969' on first listening. I'll copy it and give it a go again in the future!

Off to listen to some Sparklehorse now. Only heard 'Hammering The Cramps', that I can remember, before!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index