Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03

43 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Beebon
1375 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03
Jan 12, 2003, 13:43
Yo dudes...... writing this with DJ Shadow's Endtroducing album playing... cool or what!?!?!? not heard it for a couple of months, but it sure is fine!

anyways

Aphex Twin - Druqks: £2.99 wasnt bad at all for this, though i wouldnt like to pay much more. Particularly enjoyable listening to at work at lunch time, outside where it was freezing! Has a particularly cold winter vibe to it to me.

Boards Of Canada - Geogaddi: I guess inspired by all the electronica talk this time last week, this album is so amazingly good, and again it's kinda cold weather bleak musicwhich also warms you up or somehting. Very nice indeed!

Royksopp - Melody AM: A mate gave me an MP3 CD a few months back with most of this album on, so i downloaded the rest from Soulseek. Not bad at all on some tracks, quite lovely, but parts of it do remind me slightly of Mike Oldfields "Songs of Distant Earth" or even an "Ambient" modern drummer-less pink floyd (well slightly anyways). Good enough for a listen... may grow on me more even.

Squarepusher - Go Plastic: Not bad, not bad!

Sonic Youth - Murray Street: Still getting plenty listens here :)

Joy Division - Closer: Easily one of my all time favorite albums now methinks.... suites the cold weather we are having too!

Tangerine Dream - Atem: Their "classic" period albums can do no wrong with these ears! It feels that no matter how many times u hear them, you are always intruiged to hear it again and again. Each time you listen, you are taken to another world and often it is hard to get back, even when the music has ended!

Neu! 2: Amazing as ever!

Bjork - Homogenic: A refreshing surprise..... not listened to it for months, last time i heard it my head wasnt there at all, so i just shelved it for another day. Really like it.

Radiohead - Pablo Honey

Pink Fairies - Never Never Land: Not been on since the summer, and it sounds even better to me now than before! Think it will be back on regular rotation again soon!

Can - Ege Bamyasi: A true favorite of mine easily.... love the whole thing.

PIL - Flowers Of Romance

Harmonia - Musik von Harmonia: Downloaded and listened to yesterday and today. Posted yesterday my thoughts on it :)

Velvet Underground & Nico: Think i'm in love with this one.... does anyone ever sound as cool as Lou Reed did on this one?

Miscilaneous buddy holly songs downloaded from Soulseek: Great childhood memories and his music works on me on a completely different level now :) Might make me own "Best Of" collection thing :)

I think thats pretty much it!

Have a good week
steve :)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index