Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Wire to reissue their first three albums in VERY special editions.....

3 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Edited Mar 20, 2018, 02:11
Re: Wire to reissue their first three albums in VERY special editions.....
Mar 20, 2018, 01:33
I'm a massive Wire fan, and I kinda wanna say YAY! but what I really feel is why didn't you do this back in 2006 when the remastered digipaks came out?
I must have bought Pink Flag half a dozen times over the years in various formats, and have at least 2 editions each of 154 and Chairs Missing, plus the Behind the Curtain CD from the 90's. I'm hoping they release the extra trax as seperate DL's so I can choose the tracks I want and I'll just burn em' to disc and stick em' in the digipaks. Or even better, as a 'collection' or stand alone of those 'rarity' discs. Every re-issue/ remaster I feel suckered into picking up, and am told that this is gonna be the 'definitive edition' means a newer band misses out on me buying something, as I only have a finite amount of pennies to spend each month.
I know, I know, it's my own stoopid fault fer buying into the whole remasters thang, but as fans of particular bands, I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting the 'best' edition of an album available. But come on, just, when does it stop, when is 'insert artist name here' gonna fess up and say, that's it, y'know, it don't get any better than that, all the good stuff is already out there.

Phew! That news pissed me off more than I thought. Soz fer that, rant over. I'm guessing most of their target audience is the Mojo reading over 50's, in comfy jobs and a few bob to splash out on this essentially 'unessential' stuff. Just kinda pissed as being seen as a cash cow by one of my fav' groups yet again.

Unsung Forum Index