Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Dope on Drugs (Another new Dope album)

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ThreeFingeredPete
12 posts

Re: Dope on Drugs (Another new Dope album)
Feb 13, 2018, 21:23
Got mine. Loving it.
ottospooky
62 posts

Feb 13, 2018, 22:27
I think 'Foden' is the standout track. And not just 'cos it's the shortest one. 'Leave Yourself Behind' becomes mesmerising in the middle. Only listened to 'Loki' the once.

It's hard to believe that the Rite records form the catalyst of a lot of what Julian Cope does these days. Long, meandering things that in some alternative universe permeate the ears for eternity without beginning or end. I like that.
phallus dei
583 posts

Feb 14, 2018, 11:11
ottospooky wrote:
Long, meandering things that in some alternative universe permeate the ears for eternity without beginning or end.

Great description!
Jeez
98 posts

Feb 14, 2018, 13:31
Got mine today - HH always quick! It is HH31, but why is it also HH104 (after Queen Elizabeth Hall)? And should we really care?
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Feb 15, 2018, 22:18
Cheers HH fer the promt and efficient service.

Wow! that last track 'The Binding Of Loki' is (fer me) the best thing Cope and pals have done in years. Huge chunk of funky ambient Krauty goodness. More please!!!!
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Feb 16, 2018, 11:06
Yes, rely HH as your Dope dealer. Fast delivery, nice price, good quality product.

Loving the bongos.

Too much bass, man!
LunarTunes
107 posts

Feb 16, 2018, 16:31
Meanwhile, our vouchers for the likely non-existent TOO MUCH RELIGION E.P. expired at the end of 2017. And we await the likely non-existent SEMI-LEGAL ON THE EDGE OF CULTURE LP that "Drugs" is supposedly from. DOPE is pretty prolific already, both in the real world and the alternate Cope universe...
ottospooky
62 posts

Feb 16, 2018, 18:52
Talking of that voucher (which is more than likely a throwback to 60s and 70s LPs with real money off vouchers in them) I’m after a copy of Guerilla Grow. I can source one copy that’s available on eBay for a very high - one might use the word ‘ridiculous’ price. What’s the story there? Is the album limited to a stupid-small number of copies? Does the album feature vocals, or is it in a similar vein to the other Dope stuff? Does anyone have a spare copy they’re willing to sell?
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Edited Feb 17, 2018, 17:33
Feb 17, 2018, 17:31
LunarTunes wrote:
Meanwhile, our vouchers for the likely non-existent TOO MUCH RELIGION E.P. expired at the end of 2017. And we await the likely non-existent SEMI-LEGAL ON THE EDGE OF CULTURE LP that "Drugs" is supposedly from. DOPE is pretty prolific already, both in the real world and the alternate Cope universe...

https://www.discogs.com/Jerry-Hitler-Too-Much-Religion/master/848613

It was actually a real release, but most likely the coupon was an inside joke by Cope. Really a lot of his humour gets lost in translation.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Feb 17, 2018, 21:26
ottospooky wrote:
Talking of that voucher (which is more than likely a throwback to 60s and 70s LPs with real money off vouchers in them) I’m after a copy of Guerilla Grow. I can source one copy that’s available on eBay for a very high - one might use the word ‘ridiculous’ price. What’s the story there? Is the album limited to a stupid-small number of copies? Does the album feature vocals, or is it in a similar vein to the other Dope stuff? Does anyone have a spare copy they’re willing to sell?

Most of his side project albums are quite limited in number and appeal. Some are ever so briefly available. It's mostly instrumental, with some vocal chants/mumbles. Keep your eyes on Discogs for an eventual copy, as it may show up one day.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index