Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Does anyone know about the Limited Bonus Discs in the Tenjo Sajiki / J.A. Seazer Releases?

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: Does anyone know about the Limited Bonus Discs in the Tenjo Sajiki / J.A. Seazer Releases?
Aug 15, 2018, 12:55
I have the first three box sets, but haven't listened to them in a while. The bonus discs for vols 2 & 3 are both 60-70 mins long, and are on par with the rest of the material in their respective sets. Vol 3 included early versions of Jashomon tracks. I can't remember what vol. 2 had, except that it covered material from Tenjo Sajiki's later 70s. The bonus disc on Vol 1, on the other hand, was just ep length, and didn't add much to the set as a whole. I believe they were acoustic tracks? In terms of sound quality, all three bonus discs are fine.

I also have the Directions to Servants CD you mentioned, but without the bonus disc. I don't care much for the CD proper in this case. It seemed like incidental music that would only have worked within the context of the stage.

Didn't know that Disc Union has reissued all the other Seazer albums with bonus material. I used to be on a huge Seazer kick, but got burned out sometime during the Tenjo Sajiki boxes - there was just too much, and it all started to sound the same. I should probably go back though - his high points rate among some of my favorite music.

Unsung Forum Index