Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Does anyone know about the Limited Bonus Discs in the Tenjo Sajiki / J.A. Seazer Releases?

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
TN245
19 posts

Edited Feb 27, 2019, 16:32
Does anyone know about the Limited Bonus Discs in the Tenjo Sajiki / J.A. Seazer Releases?
Jan 28, 2018, 14:02
Does anyone have any? How do they sound?

From what I understand they're available with the following releases:

Music Work Collections
-Tenjo Sajiki Music Work Collection Vol 1 (2008) [CD]
->Tenjo Sajiki Music Work Collection Vol 2 (2012) [CD]
*Tenjo Sajiki Music Work Collection Vol 3 (2012) [CD]
->Tenjo Sajiki Music Work Collection Vol 4 (2013) [CD]

CDs
-Directions to Servents (2012) [CD]
*Lemmings (2013) [CD]
*Kokkyo Junreika (2013) [CD]
*Throw Away Your Books (2014) [CD]
-The End of the World (2014) [DVD]
-Shintokumaru Perfect Box (2015) [CD]
*A Young Person's Guide to J.A. Seazer Vol 1 (2015) [CD]
*A Young Person's Guide to J.A. Seazer Vol 2 (2015) [CD]
*The Girl Who Read Poetry (2016) [CD]
->Revolutionary Girl Utena [blue + pink] (2016) [CD]
->Aru Kazoku no Chi no Kigen (2016) [CD]
*Recital from the Wilderness (2017) [CD]
*Barbara Dwarven Star Apocalypse (2017) [CD]
-Shinktokumaru (2017) [DVD]
-Ikyo junrei uta (i go u Jun Reika) (2018) [CD]

Books with Promo CDs
-J.A. Seazer's World (2002) [CD]
->J.A. Seazer Apocalypse (2015) [CD]
-J.A. Seazers' World (2016) [CD]

Banyu Inryoku Promo CDs
-Phantom Fu Manchu (2013) [CD]
-King Lear (2014) [CD]

There's hours of content locked behind the discs and some seem to be significant (especially the Tenjo Sajiki Music Work Collection discs). Thoughts?

---TRADING---

I am opening up trading. If anyone has a CD with -> next to it, I can trade it for 2 cds with * next to it. Send me an e-mail at [email protected]
TN245
19 posts

Re: Does anyone know about the Limited Bonus Discs in the Tenjo Sajiki / J.A. Seazer Releases?
Aug 15, 2018, 04:05
I have edited the first post with more releases.

They're all DiscUnion Promo CDs that are available with pre-orders and early shipments of the releases. All the CDs are made by Fuji.

Also:

There's a promo CD with early shipments of Seazer's new album when bought with his new EP: http://diskunion.net/jp/ct/detail/1007708541
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: Does anyone know about the Limited Bonus Discs in the Tenjo Sajiki / J.A. Seazer Releases?
Aug 15, 2018, 12:55
I have the first three box sets, but haven't listened to them in a while. The bonus discs for vols 2 & 3 are both 60-70 mins long, and are on par with the rest of the material in their respective sets. Vol 3 included early versions of Jashomon tracks. I can't remember what vol. 2 had, except that it covered material from Tenjo Sajiki's later 70s. The bonus disc on Vol 1, on the other hand, was just ep length, and didn't add much to the set as a whole. I believe they were acoustic tracks? In terms of sound quality, all three bonus discs are fine.

I also have the Directions to Servants CD you mentioned, but without the bonus disc. I don't care much for the CD proper in this case. It seemed like incidental music that would only have worked within the context of the stage.

Didn't know that Disc Union has reissued all the other Seazer albums with bonus material. I used to be on a huge Seazer kick, but got burned out sometime during the Tenjo Sajiki boxes - there was just too much, and it all started to sound the same. I should probably go back though - his high points rate among some of my favorite music.
TN245
19 posts

Aug 15, 2018, 17:53
That's interesting to hear. I have 7 of the promo cds (including the upcoming pre-order), and they're mostly EP length. They're ok but not as good as the content on the albums.

I agree on there being too much of his stuff. I love it all but jeez. Showboat has released 3, Victor has released 3 and Fuji has more than 20 releases. And then Seazer's band 'Banyu Inryoku' has 14 CDs (https://asiancrack.wixsite.com/asian-crack/cd). Including the Utenas and misc releases, there's roughly 50 in total.
phallus dei
583 posts

Aug 16, 2018, 02:38
For Seazer, I decided to limit myself to the time when Shuji Terayama was alive. His Freudian pathos and transgressive approach brought the music to a whole other level. How does the Banyu Inryoku material compare?

In terms of quality, the box sets in general, while good, were clearly not at good as the officially released albums from the 70s. So even though the bonus material was equal to what was on the box, it was still far below prime Seazer.

Looking at discogs, I see the fourth box had a bonus CD about 40 minutes long. I didn't buy that box when it came out, but I wish I had it now. At the very least, I'm sure it would have come with a fat booklet of cool photos and posters.
TN245
19 posts

Aug 16, 2018, 08:15
I have not listened to any Banyu Inryoku yet, although I have just put in an order. I do agree with you about the Terayama period being Seazer's best. I listened to Shintokumaru and Kokkyou Junreika on the way to work everyday during my last job.

The Music Work Collections are fantastic, but I reckon the music isn't meant to be listened to without the stage performance. If there are audio recordings surely the visuals have to be somewhere out there (probably in a vault or an archive). Vol 4 is my favourite, but also the rarest. Vol 1-3 can be obtained for $70-90 each.
TN245
19 posts

Feb 27, 2019, 16:40
I have added a few more to the main post.

I am also trading, as I have a lot of duplicates. Send me 1 and I send you 2. See the main post for details.

I'm also looking for any promo cds not included in the above list.
Diston
1 posts

Apr 22, 2023, 10:57
I have a few of the disk union bonus disk flacs downloaded from Orpheus - Tenjo Sajiki 1-3...I'm still looking for vol. 4
Also bonus disks for young persons guide & quest for youth, both fuji & HMV bonus disks from Shintokumaru Perrfect Box. Also Pandemic Epidemic and Geast of Eros bonus flacs...
Unsung Forum Index