Unsung Forum »
Vinyl reissuea

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Vinyl reissuea
Jan 18, 2018, 08:36
According to Uncut magazine (and available to preorder on Amazon), there's some JC albums being reissued on vinyl, including Peggy Suicide and Jehovahkill.
Mezzer
2 posts

Re: Vinyl reissuea
Jan 18, 2018, 20:08
Check this earlier posting:

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/unsung/topic/76595/threaded/956927
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Jan 19, 2018, 08:21
Jah, there buried in the list o Norman records, as you might expect, not cheaa though...

https://www.normanrecords.com/cloudsearch/index.php?q=julian+cope

Luckily I have most of the original issue vinyl (well except Jehovahkill which wore out pretty quick) so won't bother to replace them again. Dunno if they are the original sourced masters, or are from the same masters as those CD deluxe re-issues (let's hope not) or have been remastered again esp for vinyl.
garerama
garerama
1110 posts

Jan 19, 2018, 22:27
I suspect they may be from the cd remasters as the trscklisting for Peggy Suicide omits "Uptight" so it is a fair assumption that if they were from the original tapes this would include "Uptight" as there is not the space restrictions suffered from the cd releases. But then again the tracklistings could be wrong. I am not rushing to buy them though I missed them on vinyl and as I am starting to get vinyl again I would love to get my hands on Peggy Suicide & Jehovahkill but likely to get decently priced second hand original releases if I come across them.
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Jan 21, 2018, 21:37
Yes, that thread covers it all, without a typo in the title too.

Must've missed it.
daveroberts45
30 posts

Re: Vinyl reissues
Jan 23, 2018, 09:28
Some clarity from Universal, Uptight will be included but the re-issues have been pushed back to April.
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Jan 23, 2018, 14:52
daveroberts45 wrote:
Some clarity from Universal, Uptight will be included but the re-issues have been pushed back to April.

Ah that's something, so possibly the longer versions of Safesurfer and Drive She Said (that are slightly edited for the CD) will be featured.
ayjayemm
ayjayemm
32 posts

Jan 28, 2018, 00:02
I don't want to seem rude, but who the feck is gonna pay upwards of £15 for My Nation Underground on vinyl when nobody played it more than twice first time around? How many mint condition original copies are still out there? Lots.
tippy wooder
85 posts

Jan 30, 2018, 13:19
I got a copy quite recently for £3, absolutely mint condition.

ayjayemm wrote:
I don't want to seem rude, but who the feck is gonna pay upwards of £15 for My Nation Underground on vinyl when nobody played it more than twice first time around? How many mint condition original copies are still out there? Lots.
daveroberts45
30 posts

Feb 12, 2018, 10:10
yes they have the longer versions...
Unsung Forum Index