Cope Re-Releases

21 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Re: Cope Re-Releases
Apr 20, 2018, 23:40
A few yers ago I picked up a cheap charidee shop find of the old virgin records edition of the Stones 'Sticky Fingers' album that I've now read is the edition closest to the original album sound, and has almost become the definitive edition on CD. My thinking is that those 'original' releases are what the artist was happy with at the original time of release, so there must be some merit in their sound quality. The sound definition and seperation is way better than those volume boosted 'remasters' I've heard. If it ain't loud enough, just crank it some more fer christs sake. As you say, the extras that come with those deluxe editions are nice (though in many instances, if you have the singles etc released from the time, you've pretty much got all you could want, bar the barrel scraping). I loved that crazy Iggy' this one goes to 11' remix of Raw Power for a few years after it's release, but when the Bowie release got a dust off, I quickly replaced my waaay tired vinyl with the new CD and went back to that, simply cos' that's the version I fell in love with and grew up with. Newer isn't always better. Having said all that, I've still suckered myself into pre-ordering the 3 CD total/everything of the time reissue of Metamatic coming out on Foxx's lable next month, so whadda I Know ;)

Unsung Forum Index