Cope Re-Releases

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Cope Re-Releases
Jan 04, 2018, 20:10
Vinyl re-releases if anyone's interested.

Saint Julian

My Nation Underground

Peggy Suicide

Jehovakil
bluntlaser
64 posts

Re: Cope Re-Releases
Jan 05, 2018, 00:08
I'm definitely up for new copies of Peggy and Jehovahkill. Just hope they haven't used the Jehovahkill 'Deluxe' remaster from a few years back.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Jan 05, 2018, 01:05
I'm kinda mis-quoting Stephen Patrick Morrissey here... but I "feel diseased" when I see the "re-issue, re-package, repackage... double-pack with a photograph, extra track and a ......." vinyl cascade slipping onto the Armitage Shanks these days.

When I skidded on the brown link to Norman's and saw the "very last copy" of a morbid "20th anniversary special vinyl re-issue (only 500 pressed)" of "Beyond The Sun" a posthumous Billy MacKenzie album that was only ever issued on CD after his death. You kinda shudder. What is that?

I remember when they issued JD's "Transmission" on 12". They gave it about 6 months.

I know... it's just business.
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Jan 05, 2018, 09:39
Some sharp sales patter going on there viking!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Jan 05, 2018, 18:06
Howburn Digger wrote:

I remember when they issued JD's "Transmission" on 12". They gave it about 6 months.

One of Factory's best attributes was they kept the NO/JD catalogue in stock right until they went bust(!), at least as far as 12" singles went. For someone who was too young at the time of original releases, it was brilliant to be able to go somewhere like Birmingham on a shopping spree and buy brand new presses of New Order 12" singles in HMV in about 1990/91, stuff like Ceremony, Temptation, EGG etc etc. I remember the Sisters' 12" were similarly kept in stock for years after their initial release.

Mute also kept the entire catalogue in stock for many years, until their first flirtation with a major buy-out. You could buy a new copy of "Warm Leatherette" on 7" direct from Mute until the mid-90s, or possibly later.

Very few records were pressed as "limited" back then, maybe a few special editions with an extra disc or coloured vinyl or something. Mostly they just kept pressing stuff while there was demand for it.
Mezzer
2 posts

Jan 10, 2018, 03:53
bluntlaser wrote:
I'm definitely up for new copies of Peggy and Jehovahkill. Just hope they haven't used the Jehovahkill 'Deluxe' remaster from a few years back.

Unbelievably, it looks like they've left Uptight off Peggy Suicide yet again!
This is the track listing from one online store:

SIDE ONE

Pristeen
Double Vegetation
East Easy Rider
Promised Land
Hanging Out & Hung Up On The Line
SIDE TWO

Safesurfer
If You Loved Me At All
Drive, She Said
SIDE THREE

Soldier Blue
You...
Not Raving But Drowning
Head
Leperskin
SIDE FOUR

Beautiful Love
Western Front 1992 CE
Hung Up & Hanging Out To Dry
The American Lite
Las Vegas Basement
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Jan 10, 2018, 08:15
thesweetcheat wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:

One of Factory's best attributes was they kept the NO/JD catalogue in stock right until they went bust(!), at least as far as 12" singles went.

Mostly they just kept pressing stuff while there was demand for it.

Yeah, but "Transmission" wasn't ever a 12" when it was originally released back in October 1979. It was only a 7" single (I still have my copy in a textured pic sleeve). Then IC died in May 1980 and Factory waited just 6 months and then they cashed in with a 12" release in time for Christmas 1980. Re-packaging and reformatting JD/ IC old material to cash in on old fans and new. The original 7" was still available to anyone who wanted to buy a copy. But Factory had reformatted the extremely limited catalogue in order to expand the sales potential of JD material. "Buy both - and feel diseased"... I know... it "Paints a Vulgar Picture".
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Jan 10, 2018, 11:58
If true, that's pretty useless then, and also likely means that they are the slightly shorter versions of Drive She Said and Safesurfer from the CD version too.
I don't imagine Island/Universal have lost the masters.

So for probably less money, you could still pick up an original 1991 issue on vinyl with the full tracklist in decent condition.
tippy wooder
85 posts

Jan 10, 2018, 15:18
I'd imagine JC himself has very little to do with these reissues - but it'd be nice to think he might be able to stick his ten-penceworth in with the record label and let them know about Uptight..?
tippy wooder
85 posts

Apr 06, 2018, 09:21
According to Amazon (I know, I know - I was given a gift card, so...) the Cope vinyl reissues are out today and Peggy Suicide is on its way as I type. The other one I ordered is not - so does anyone know if there's some sort of problem / delay with Jehovahkill? According to Amazon it's 'not available'...
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index