Head To Head
Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 16 December 2017 CE

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
1795 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 16 December 2017 CE
Dec 17, 2017, 21:07
Looooong day driving Saturday, nice day today, musically, this week has mostly been....

Siouxsie and the Banshees. Pretty much everything I have (which is quite a lot as it turns out). Had a proper Banshees head on this week, and have enjoyed immensely revisiting their catalougue in no particular order. Kaleidoscope prob' got the most plays of all though, I do love that record!

David Bowie - various bootlegs from the 'Stage' period. Most are pretty good too. Also a few very early-ish gigs, with OK-ish sound quality, where his stage banter is, quite honestly, excruciating. Honestly, I feel fer the guy, I truley do. Goes down with the crowd like a hot turd in a small car.

Radiophonic workshop - Burials In Several Earths.
Streamed this, First Impressions was it's kinda OK, but for me lacks those zany/far out/scary sounds used by Delia et al. File under ambient-ish.

Space Rock - An Interstellar Travellers Guide - Various..
Maaaan. Have totally fell in luuurve with Faust's 12 minute wonder 'Parasiten', which apparently only appears on this comp, and another (I think) Mexican soundtrack to a cowboy movie called '8 Assassins', which looks to have an OK OST TBH. https://purplepyramid.bandcamp.com/track/parasiten
Also the Shatner/Hillage version of 'Rocket Man' is hillarious/great in equal measure. Hell, Shatner even sounds like Iggy fer the first part of the song.
Anyhow, great box set comp, just right fer loooong car chornies.

Now That's What I Call Xmas vol: 2000679
Tiddlers choice on way home. Maaan that Greg Lake Song, and 'Stop The Cavalry' always bring a lump to my fricken throat.

Have a better one!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index