Unsung Forum »
Faust & Gnod

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Faust & Gnod
Nov 27, 2017, 20:20
Saw Faust play with Gnod last night at Café Oto. They played versions of Mamie is Blue, Outside the Dream Syndicate and Krautrock amongst others. I loved it - great mix of quieter improvised moments with an array of instruments, in between the heavy repetition. The main line up was two drummers, two basses, three guitars, two electronics and front of house live mixing - though it was a fluid line-up, with Paddy Gnod very much in the free No. 10 role to use a football analogy.

I thought I'd mention it for northern HHers because they are playing on the 30th November in Manchester. Definitely worth seeing if you like either Faust or Gnod.

This was the second time they've played together after this Portugese festival reviewed in the guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/24/milhoes-de-festa-festival-2017-barcelos-portugal-idm-experimental-music
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Re: Faust & Gnod
Nov 28, 2017, 09:03
I'm seeing Faust tonight in Glasgow, without Gnod unfortunately.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Nov 28, 2017, 20:43
Crikey, sounds brilliant. How did I miss that? Never saw it announced. Mind you I'd have been hard pushed to make it TBH.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Nov 29, 2017, 10:29
I'm seeing Gnod + URUK (Massimo Pupillo & Thighpaulsandra)at Corsica Studios tomorrow week. Anyone else going?
MARTASE
MARTASE
602 posts

Nov 30, 2017, 20:59
Bristol tomorrow night. Excited!

Hadn't heard about the Gnod collab either.
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Nov 30, 2017, 21:46
Toni Torino wrote:
I'm seeing Gnod + URUK (Massimo Pupillo & Thighpaulsandra)at Corsica Studios tomorrow week. Anyone else going?

I am yes - will be good to catch up!
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Nov 30, 2017, 21:47
Squid Tempest wrote:
Crikey, sounds brilliant. How did I miss that? Never saw it announced. Mind you I'd have been hard pushed to make it TBH.

The Faust residency tickets were on sale for a while - we had our tickets a while back. But the collaborators weren't announced until fairly recently (last fortnight may be). It was complete chance that we had tickets for the Gnod night.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Dec 01, 2017, 08:18
Splendid!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Dec 03, 2017, 10:47
Dec 02, 2017, 13:29
Hadn't heard about this gig but will try and book a ticket tonight if it isn't already sold out.

EDIT - got my ticket. Thank you Dice.
Unsung Forum Index