Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Edited Nov 12, 2017, 21:15
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 11 November 2017 CE
Nov 12, 2017, 20:04
Fitter Stoke wrote:
David Sylvian 'Blemish' - God knows what's become of Sylvian of late: his website has been almost completely silent for years now and all of his post-Virgin output - including this wonderfully left field confessional - has been quietly removed from the market, presumably by the man himself. That's a great shame, because Sylvian has never been more interesting and abstractly inspirational than in the present century;

That's a shame, it's always worrying when an artist you enjoy goes AWOL without explaination. Here's hoping alls OK in Sylvian world, and some terrible lurgy hasn't taken hold. His last release was a Photo Collection and soundtrack for exhibition called Abandon/Hope.

The last albums I picked up were Manafon and Sleepwalkers (which I hadn't realised till looking over on discogs was a compilation) but whilst perusing the racks at home, am pleasanty surprised how much of his work I have, from Japan onwards.

I guess current lack of profile may also depend on sales involved in his post 2000, more challenging work. Maybe he feels it's just not worth the effort.

My missus said she read somewhere about his behaviour being a bit guru/culty, though she can't remember exactly where/when she saw this, though probably post 2005. Hmmmm, the plot thickens.....
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index