27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 October 2017 CE
Nov 02, 2017, 15:54
spencer wrote:
I've been wondering about Squids whereabouts and whether something's up - IanB too

Hey Spencer. Hope you are doing alright.

Unsung added immeasurably to my listening pleasure over a dozen years or so and I do still stop by from time to time to read SoOL. Posting a couple of hundred words about some lovely piece of music I'd heard and, far more importantly, finding out what other people were getting turned on by, used to be an essential part of the week and then it wasn't. I think that is true for me of social media generally

The HH esprit de corps certainly suffered over an eighteen month period in 2015/16 but why should this place be any different from the rest of the fucking country? Haven't given much of a monkey's about Cope's current musical doings since he got his guns (and some pots of red paint) out of the garden shed so not down to that either.

While I am here the new Gilad Atzmon record of Trane arrangements is brilliant. I think you'll like that one. His octet with a string quartet and Frank Harrison on piano is killer. Worth seeing if they happen to turn up in your part of the world.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index