Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 October 2017 CE

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 October 2017 CE
Oct 16, 2017, 01:59
Not long returned from the 300 mile round trio to visit cub no:2 at Winchester Uni, plus a nice afternoon out in the New Forest, maaaan am i knackered! Anyhow, many accompanying tunes included.....

Incredible String Band - Hangman's Beautiful Daughter

Gravenhurst - The Western Lands

Ozric Tentacles - Pungent Effulgent

Tarwater - The Needle Was Travelling

Stooges - Raw Power

White Hills - Heads On fire

Cope - Peggy Suicide/ Live In Japan

Billy Childish - Best Of

Shellac - Live at Action Park

LCD Soundsystem - American Dream

Beck - Colors

We bought the eldest cub a copy of the recenty remastered The Water Margin DVD box set for her birthday, as she loves all things Oriental, and have been reliving those BBC2 Friday evening moments from our youth (me missus was a big fan too). Not as cool as I remember, but still enjoying it. Guess it'll be Monkey Next.

Had an amazing walk out in the Severn valley yesterday. Have been many times as it's literally just up the road for me, but this circular walk (which I'd not done before) near Upper Arley was truley breathtaking, esp the last coupla miles (also some nice spots for a spot of wild camping if you're so inclined). Dunno of it was the time (late afternoon, hazy sun), the time of year (trees just turning, some hues were amazing) or just the general ambience (the lonely echo of a steam train whistle trailing through the river valley) but I can see why Robert Plant has a gaff round these parts. If you're in the area, do yourself a favour and download this walking guide, you won't regret it.
http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/downloads/file/5227/upper_arley_circular_walk_leaflet

Well, hope y'all battern down the hatches and for the coming maelstrom being predicted for tomorrow, keep safe, and have a good week!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index