Snakefinger - Greener Postures

Tommy Dorsey - Big Bands (Time Life)

Oasis - Stop the Clocks

V.A. - Edison Dance Bands # 1 1915-1921

V.A. - Jazz Guitar Recorded 1923-1950

John Coltrane - Bahia

John Coltrane - Stardust

Brahms - Serenades 1 & 2 London Symphony Orchestra István Kertész

Vivaldi - Great Composers (Time Life CMD-13)

V.A. Rhythm & Blues 1959 (Time Life RHD-03)

Walton - Symphony No. 1/Takemitsu - From Me Flows What You Call Time (BBC Music Volume II Number 11)

Andrew Lawrence King - The Harp of Luduvíco

Handel - The Complete Sonatas for Recorder
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 October 2017 CE
Oct 15, 2017, 10:16
Kevin Coyne 'Bursting Bubbles'
Art 'Supernatural Fairy Tales'
Stray Cats s/t
Boz Scaggs 'My Time'
The Beat 'I Just Can't Stop It'
Roogalator 'Play It By Ear'
Weather Report 'I Sing The Body Electric'
Ultravox 'Systems of Romance'
Rolling Stones 'It's Only Rock'n'Roll'
Keith Jarrett 'Invocations'/'The Moth and the Flame'
Bach: Partita no.1 (Elizabeth de la Porte)
Beethoven: Piano Sonata Op.2 no.3 (Evgeny Kissin)
Schubert: Piano Sonata D960 (Krystian Zimerman)
Brahms: Klavierstücke Op.119 (Nelson Friere)
Bizet: Symphony in C (CBSO/Louis Fremaux)
garerama
garerama
1104 posts

Oct 15, 2017, 10:27
Be-Bop Deluxe - Drastic Plastic

Beast - S/t

Beat Of The Earth - S/t

Shirley Collins - The Sweet Primroses / Snapshots (with Dolly Collins)

John Coltrane - Live In Seattle / Coltrane / Live At The Village Vanguard Again! / Concert In Japan / Cosmic Music (with Alice Coltrane)

Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth / Kiss My Sweet Apocalypse (with Black Sheep)

Current 93 - Live At Bar Maldoror / Dawn / Crowleymass

Miles Davis - Miles In The Sky / Filles De Kilimanjaru / Live At Montreux (with Quincy Jones)

Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch

Brian Eno - Before & After Science

Equipe 84 - Cuore Beat

Family - Music In A Doll's House / Family Entertainment

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound / The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Lisa Gerard & Pieter Bourke - Duality

Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto

Robyn Hitchcock - Eye / Perspex Island (with The Egyptians) / Moss Elixir / Uncorrected Personality Traits / S/t

Bert Jansch - It Doesn't Bother Me / Bert & John (with John Renbourn) / Jack Orion
Japan - Gentlemen Take Poloroids / Tin Drum

Keith Jarrett - Mysteries / Shades

The Jesus & Mary Chain - Honey's Dead

King Crimson - Islands / Larks' Tongue In Aspic / Starless & Bible Black

Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Blackness

Matching Mole - S/t (DE 2cd) / Little Red Record

Millenium - Begin

Mr Fox - S/t / The Gypsy

Bill Nelson - Sound-On-Sound (with Red Noise) / Chimera

Mike Oldfield - Hargest Ridge

Public Image Ltd - Metal Box

Roxy Music - Country Life

Jane Weaver - Modern Kosmology

VA

Amorphous Androgynous - Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding In Your Mind Vol 1: Cosmic Space Music

Neu Decade (Mojo)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 15, 2017, 10:47
Mike Anderson: Zalvi -- This was about the only thing I've listened to other than Lydia Lunch (see my thread about that...) http://www.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/anderson-mike-zalvi-lp/NWOS.023LP.html
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Oct 15, 2017, 14:22
Temple ov BBV - S/T Didn't make much of an impression with me.

Trembling Bells - Carbeth. Pleasantly surprised by how much I am starting to enjoy their folk rock.

Tony Conrad 10 years on the infinite plain. Started off enjoying it, but not for 1hr and a half! Bit repetitive and I kept thinking it was about to go off into the Superman theme from the 80's!

Rozi Plain live - Green Man 09 & End of the Road 08.

Jack Rose - WFMU sessions. Pleasant yet at the same time a bit dull

Rangda - Miss Peapods 2010. Yes!
flashbackcaruso
1050 posts

Oct 15, 2017, 15:10
Elvis Presley - Elvis (The "Fool" Album)
Elvis Presley - Raised On Rock/For Old Times' Sake
Elvis Presley - Good Times
Elvis Presley - Promised Land

Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One

Flying Saucer Attack - Flying Saucer Attack
Flying Saucer Attack - Distance
Flying Saucer Attack - Further
Flying Saucer Attack - Chorus
Flying Saucer Attack - Heartbeat/Complete

Bee Gees - Life In A Tin Can
Bee Gees - Mr Natural

Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age Of Wireless
Thomas Dolby - Blinded By Science
Thomas Dolby - The Flat Earth
Thomas Dolby - Aliens Ate My Buick

Elton John - Empty Sky
Elton John - Elton John

Brian Wilson - Imagination
Brian Wilson - Live At The Roxy
Brian Wilson - Pet Sounds Live

Orchestral Manœuvres In The Dark - Orchestral Manœuvres In The Dark

Carol Of Harvest - Carol Of Harvest
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Edited Oct 15, 2017, 20:19
Oct 15, 2017, 20:09
Tom Rogerson with Brian Eno – Finding Shore. Seems to be a lot of ambient-ish neo classical around at the moment, and this is a pretty good example of it, as you’d expect with Our Brian on board. Easy for this stuff just to become vaguely pleasant/occasionally challenging aural wallpaper, but definitely some compelling moments here: https://tomrogerson.bandcamp.com/album/finding-shore

Bitchin Bajas – Bajas Fresh. There also seems to be a lot of hipster new age music around too, and again this is a prime example, lots of burbling synth loops and cosmic vibes, nice for an extended massage I’m sure. This is the most ‘up’ of the tracks on what’s a very long album: https://bitchinbajas.bandcamp.com/album/bajas-fresh

Vuelveteloca – Sonora. Ah, this is a bit more like it (certainly if, like me, you seem to be sliding back into adolescence), some punchy psych/stoner/space rock from Chile. Not breaking any new ground, but doing what it does very well. It’d be trite to say they’re like Follakzoid only with more riffs, but they share a similar rhythmic intensity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls-R95LZ-vo

Siinai – Sykli

Godspeed You! Black Emperor – Luciferian Towers. Not that I’m an expert in the area, but this and the Siinai above are two of the finest post-rock albums I’ve heard in a long time.

ORB – Naturality. Australian garage rock oddballs, with a sound that’s almost exactly like Barrett-era Floyd/SF Sorrow-era Pretty Things as interpreted by early Sabbath. One for jaded ears: https://orband.bandcamp.com/track/immortal-tortoise

Mt. Mountain – EP. I like these guys, but have realised they don’t half sound like early (The) Verve.

The Zodiac – Cosmic Sounds

VA – Neu Decade

Listen With Father:

Because I am a good father who believes in the importance of continual learning, I have robbed a load of tracks off YouTube in order to educate my daughters that the power chord was not invented by School Of Rock. Much joy compiling this, and in the search for suitable role models, just how brilliant were Girlschool… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3yTuC8LR8

T is for…

Tomorrow’s Gift – Goodbye Future. Just before daughter one was born, I had a long weekend in Berlin and bought a load of obscurish Krautrock, which for some reason then ended up in the nursery, including this one. Obviously I felt I needed some background sounds to take my mind off the filth and fury of changing nappies. Anyway, this is pretty great, non-faffing-about instrumental jazz rock, like a Third-era Soft Machine with a rocket up their arse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twsR4WceEgo The CD also has a couple of extended live tracks from when they were more proggy R&B, including an intensely overwrought take on ‘Season Of The Witch.’

Ten Benson – Hiss. Ah, great to hear this again, reminds me of when I started to appreciate the stupid beauty of rock once more after various diversions into more contemporary and ‘worthier’ sounds. Ten Benson were also rediscovering the joys of rock on this album, albeit in a slightly parodic way, which means that there’s oddly-effected vocals, syn-drums and horrible Casiotone ballads in among the primitive riffage. Talking of which, the final track on this album is called ‘Under Heavy Riffage’, which may be the greatest title ever. Fun fact: one HH denizen took their nom de plume from two songs on this album, neither of them on the web frustratingly. (but here’s the track list if you want to work it out: https://www.discogs.com/Ten-Benson-Hiss/release/1007757) “Mmmm, hot sausage”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFIRon3YLc
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 15, 2017, 23:07
Steve Hackett - The Night Siren / Wolflight

Alice Cooper - Paranormal. I got this out of the library out of morbid curiosity really and, wow, very pleasantly surprised. Produced by Bob Ezrin, this really does feel fresh whilst harking back to the glory years. And, the 2cd version has 2 new tracks plus a live album with the original AC band reconvened in 2016, and it's all rather great.

High On Fire - Luminiferous

The Beatrix Players - Magnified
Ackercocke - The Goat of Mendes / Anti-Christ
Opeth - Sorceress
Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses/Minstrel in the Gallery/Songs From the Wood
Kylie - Aphrodite / Kiss Me Once
Pariah - Mirage
Kadavar - Abra Kadavar
Dramatic Lunacy - Sides

Have a nice week sound slurpers x
keith a
9565 posts

Oct 15, 2017, 23:11
It – Alan Vega
Well I've finally managed to get a copy of It, the final Alan Vega album. It (no pun intended!) doesn't seem to have had a UK release for some reason but my copy has now arrived all the way from the USA in delicious double vinyl form! It was a bit weird taking out of the packaging, knowing that this was Al's final release and though there will no doubt be all sorts of post-humous bits and pieces releases in the future, this would be the last time I experienced a proper new album from someone I have admired for so long. As for the content, well I'm almost two thirds of the way through it and I'm glad to report that, like the advance tracks suggested, this is Alan Vega being totally uncompromising until the very end as he screams and croons about the American flag, war and genocide like some mad Elvis impersonator in a David Lynch nightmare over almost industrial beats and backing. A great way for the great man to bow out.

Also...
Inside Out – The Association

Please Please Me – The Beatles

Animal Magic – The Blow Monkeys
The Wild River – The Blow Monkeys

No Time For Dreaming - Charles Bradley

Hidden Lights – Carlton Melton

Rite At Ya – Julian Cope
Guerilla Grow - Dope

New Energy - Four Tet

S/T – Moodyman

Axis – Mugstar
Magnetic Seasons - Mugstar

A-Z – Colin Newman

Revolution Dub – Lee Perry

Every Valley – Public Service Broadcasting

Sunrise/The Trees (CDS) – Pulp

Burning The Threshold – Six Organs Of Admittance

Hippopotamus - Sparks

My Pet Fish - Malka Spigel

Adrift – Tarwater

S/T – 10cc

Endless Nights – Vacant Lots

Modern Kosmology – Jane Weaver

Odyssey & Oracle – The Zombies
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Oct 16, 2017, 01:59
Not long returned from the 300 mile round trio to visit cub no:2 at Winchester Uni, plus a nice afternoon out in the New Forest, maaaan am i knackered! Anyhow, many accompanying tunes included.....

Incredible String Band - Hangman's Beautiful Daughter

Gravenhurst - The Western Lands

Ozric Tentacles - Pungent Effulgent

Tarwater - The Needle Was Travelling

Stooges - Raw Power

White Hills - Heads On fire

Cope - Peggy Suicide/ Live In Japan

Billy Childish - Best Of

Shellac - Live at Action Park

LCD Soundsystem - American Dream

Beck - Colors

We bought the eldest cub a copy of the recenty remastered The Water Margin DVD box set for her birthday, as she loves all things Oriental, and have been reliving those BBC2 Friday evening moments from our youth (me missus was a big fan too). Not as cool as I remember, but still enjoying it. Guess it'll be Monkey Next.

Had an amazing walk out in the Severn valley yesterday. Have been many times as it's literally just up the road for me, but this circular walk (which I'd not done before) near Upper Arley was truley breathtaking, esp the last coupla miles (also some nice spots for a spot of wild camping if you're so inclined). Dunno of it was the time (late afternoon, hazy sun), the time of year (trees just turning, some hues were amazing) or just the general ambience (the lonely echo of a steam train whistle trailing through the river valley) but I can see why Robert Plant has a gaff round these parts. If you're in the area, do yourself a favour and download this walking guide, you won't regret it.
http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/downloads/file/5227/upper_arley_circular_walk_leaflet

Well, hope y'all battern down the hatches and for the coming maelstrom being predicted for tomorrow, keep safe, and have a good week!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index