This Is Not This Heat

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

This Is Not This Heat
Sep 16, 2017, 00:54
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NKN6kKD8tLNmw3RzU0VmRQVVk/view?usp=sharing

I'm usually a little queasy about iconic bands reforming decades on, particularly without a key member. But this concert from earlier this year is, frankly, fuckin' blinding and has made me determined to catch 'em live asap. I would/could pressure my local venue on this, but since they (allegedly) turned down the Magic Band on their final tour I don't hold out too much hope. Anyway judge for yourselves if you like - I'd be surprised if any This Heat fan found this disappointing.
Paul Higgins
85 posts

Edited Sep 17, 2017, 15:57
Re: This Is Not This Heat
Sep 17, 2017, 11:46
Couldn't agree more with you my friend and I was lucky enough to see them earlier this year at the Transformer thing in Manchester. I was right down the front against the barrier taking it all in and despite being first on the bill yet playing the longest non-headliner set (1 hour and 15 mins) for me they blew all the other bands away (including Swans!!!). I felt sorry for Loop having to follow them!!! Utterly amazing in every sense!!! James Sedwards from Nought/Thurston Moore band was playing with them and I asked him for the setlist at the end!!! Be great if they did a proper UK tour but they seem to be sticking to special events/festivals at the moment. What is interesting is that even though their politicized lyrics are decades old they seem very relevant to today's climate i.e. the Trump/Brexit madness.
Unsung Forum Index