Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 2 September 2017 CE
Sep 05, 2017, 11:22
Fatalist wrote:

Chris Forsyth & The Solar Motel Band – Dreaming In The Non-Dream. Really getting into this now, their most concise effort yet – Television meets the Stones meets Can… https://chrisforsyth1.bandcamp.com/

Saw this lot at Seachange on the back of really loving The Rarity of Experience. Didn't really do it for me live I have to say .Was expecting the jazzier vibe off that record and got a straight forward rock sound for the most part. Still want to check out their latest
garerama
garerama
1109 posts

Sep 05, 2017, 23:41
spencer wrote:
There's a Low Spark your Traffic gig from Santa Monica on Youtube you may well like if you haven't seen it...proper job, Blackwell at the controls

Cool will look out for that, thanks.
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Sep 06, 2017, 09:34
thesweetcheat wrote:
They were a proto-Guthrie really weren't they? His solo records have a hint of Dif Juz about them.

Yeah, they were mates from early on, DJ supported the Cocteau Twins quite a bit I think?
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Sep 06, 2017, 09:36
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Fatalist wrote:

Chris Forsyth & The Solar Motel Band – Dreaming In The Non-Dream. Really getting into this now, their most concise effort yet – Television meets the Stones meets Can… https://chrisforsyth1.bandcamp.com/

Saw this lot at Seachange on the back of really loving The Rarity of Experience. Didn't really do it for me live I have to say .Was expecting the jazzier vibe off that record and got a straight forward rock sound for the most part. Still want to check out their latest

Gah, I've just seen I managed to miss seeing them in London in August, annoyed now! Hope enough people turned up during the tour to make them want to come back... Yeah, new album highly recommended.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Sep 07, 2017, 12:47
Hearing the latest reminds me that they finished with Cortez the killer which seems to sum up the vibe of the album - or certainly the first track i am now listening to
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index