23 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 12 August 2017 CE
Aug 13, 2017, 14:10
Cabaret Voltaire - Mix Up/Voice Of America/Live YMCA/Methodology
Been listening to loads of early Cabs this week, guess the whole nuclear paranioa kicked up by our overlords reminded me of the vibes back in 83', when our library teacher at school had us so convinced that it was gonna go down big that in the school holidays that we built a fall out shelter. Trouble was, we didn't really think it through, and managed to build it into a vast railway embankment about a 1/4 mile from Elmdon Airport...Doh!

Tarwater - Animals Suns and Atoms, Spider Smile/Needle Was Travelling
Been trying to put together a 2 CD best of for my own entertainment for our upcoming hols. Trouble is, I love just about everything by the skewed pop geniuses, so not making much headway. Maybe I'll just take all the albums, and go from there.

Bowie - Scary Monsters
Played this a LOT this week after not playing it for some time. Damn, that is a great record, probably his best of the 80's.

Dope - Guerilla Grow
Dubby last track on this is the best fer me, but I enjoyed most of it really.

Jane Weaver - Modern Kosmology
This is really good. Lots of Stereolab, Broadcast, Cate Le Bon esque influences, but yeah, it works. By a weird coincidence, Laetitia Sadiers newbie band is also called Modern Cosmology....must be something in the air.
https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=116230

Circle - Soundcheck
Nice mix of quieter moments and that trademark Circle 'Locked In' vibe.

Dead Combo
Suicide meets the Stooges, in a good way.

Have A Good Week.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index