Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 29 July 2017 CE

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 29 July 2017 CE
Jul 30, 2017, 22:19
Visited Kompakt's record store in Cologne during the week, when there on holiday, to purchase some cutting edge, uber cool electronica/beats... so first up a producer/DJ called Overlook who hails from... Bournemouth!

Overlook - Smoke Signals. Drum n bass triple vinyl partly inspired by Carpenter soundtracks so pretty moody and atmospheric. Really enjoying it.

SNTS - Across another dimension EP. A Horo release - I think this is actual German techno, at least the label is Berlin based. Again atmospheric stuff.

Island People - s/t. I thought I'd give this double LP a listen on the shop decks because it has a gorgeous abstract photo cover. And then the Kompakt guy confirmed the record label was one that focuses on abstract electronica. Turns out it's 4 musicians from Berlin and Glasgow who sent sounds back and forth over the last few years to create this album. Includes electronics, field recordings and guitars... and is rather gorgeous.

Other stuff -

So I was travelling round Germany by train so it had to be various Cluster/Harmonia/Neu! tracks to soundtrack the journey.
That, plus the two Horo albums by Ancestral Voices and Pact Infernal that I got a month ago.

Poemme - Soft Ice. Blissful drone.

Gnod - Just say no... and the Temple of BBV collaboration.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index