UK Summer festivals

22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited Aug 09, 2017, 12:32
Re: UK Summer festivals
Aug 09, 2017, 12:19
Well... Our bassist and key member was rushed to hospital with chronic stomach pains, on Friday night - and booked in for immediate x-rays - so we knew we were going to have some trials and tribulations to work with. Our dancer and performer of a few verses is his girlyfriend, so she was going to be at his side and also out of the equation.

By the time I'd arrived on site the rest of the band had formulated a plan, however. We would do the set as an improvised thing, using Here & Now / Kangaroo Moon keys bod Mark Robson providing bass grooves on keys. He doesn't know our songs, so we decided we'd just jam around them. We'd a guitarist, sax player and electronics and theramen player still, anyway. We also used Sika Deer on didgeridoo to help augment our thrown together troupe. I think we pulled it off.

Our bass player was diagnosed to have an enlarged kidney stone, which was also infected, so a stent was inserted and a course of antibiotics ahead of a major op, in a few weeks to remove it. If he can actually get the removed stone, he's gonna give it to me to make to make some kinda percussion instrument out of.

I was also down to play a later set with Shankara Andy Bole, as his hand percussionist - I've been joining him, on and off, for a few years now, so had been looking forward to this one massively. I was very pleasantly surprised to find Mark and Sika both were joining us too! Both on didge this time. I was rather spannered by this stage and therefore thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

Unsung Forum Index