Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
SydArthur Festival 2: Day 4 (Cerebration)

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1240 posts

SydArthur Festival 2: Day 4 (Cerebration)
Jul 10, 2017, 21:20
Bob Seger & The Last Heard's "Heavy Music":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0jPgkipDd8

More of the same (yet different) on the flip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNxFcJyz9Jg

50 years old, and it still nails it. Every damn time. What a delivery.

DEEPER!
DEEPER!!
DEEPER!!!
OWWWW! OOWWWW!!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Edited Jul 11, 2017, 02:20
Re: SydArthur Festival 2: Day 4 (Cerebration)
Jul 11, 2017, 02:19
I have to admit skepticism with anything Bob Seger related, but I should know that his early years are like that cute mysterious girl you had a crush on in high school but couldn't muster the courage talk to, while his later period is more like that same girl who you saw at the 25 year reunion and found out she got knocked up by the football captain, and now attends NRA conventions.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Jul 11, 2017, 09:09
Citizensmurf wrote:
I have to admit skepticism with anything Bob Seger related, but I should know that his early years are like that cute mysterious girl you had a crush on in high school but couldn't muster the courage talk to, while his later period is more like that same girl who you saw at the 25 year reunion and found out she got knocked up by the football captain, and now attends NRA conventions.

Hahaha, beautiful.
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Edited Jul 11, 2017, 15:15
Jul 11, 2017, 15:08
Hey Seth Man!

Listened two that accordingly yesterday. And woke up this morning with Heavy Music in my head/on my mind and was cerebrating just how fucking spot on heavy, deep, tight and driving that single actually is!

Fucking Bob!

(Also, thanks for the excellent review of the 7" some years ago that pointed me towards it! Was familiar with "Ramblin' Gablin Man" already, but that 7" was a true revelation!)
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Jul 11, 2017, 19:09
Yeah, too true.

Also scary but true is that Seger's only US #1 was released right around this time, thirty years ago: "Shakedown." From the 'Beverly Hills II" soundtrack. The chorus made me laugh from the first time I heard it.
It was so lame, it made "Hollywood Nights" seem a comparatively rockin' proposition.
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Jul 11, 2017, 19:13
HI DEN!

Excellent, man and thanks! It's beyond a scorching work out. There's something totally insane going on in that song. The best Last Heard single there was, and one of Seger's all-time high points, no contest.

Heard years ago he changed the name of the band because if you pronounced it too quickly, it sounded last "last turd." Only in Detroit!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jul 12, 2017, 04:51
The Seth Man wrote:
Yeah, too true.

Also scary but true is that Seger's only US #1 was released right around this time, thirty years ago: "Shakedown." From the 'Beverly Hills II" soundtrack. The chorus made me laugh from the first time I heard it.
It was so lame, it made "Hollywood Nights" seem a comparatively rockin' proposition.

You mean:

Shakedown
Breakdown
Takedown
Everybody wants into the crowded line
Breakdown
Takedown
You're busted

Classic. My 9 year old self thought it was a decent enough song, but then I also used to like ketchup and bologna sandwiches.
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Jul 12, 2017, 21:41
Hahaha...Yeah, that's the one.

From the first time I heard "You're busted," I laughed out. Guess Seger musta ran outta things to rhyme with "Shakedown."
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Jul 13, 2017, 08:34
"Last turd", that's a bit of a burn though. People and their scatological obsessions. Haha!

P.s: Yamash'ta/Yamashitter.
Unsung Forum Index