Feedback on the JC deluxe reissues and Head Heritage releases

5 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Feedback on the JC deluxe reissues and Head Heritage releases
Jul 03, 2017, 19:41
I compulsively bought all of the Teardrops releases and Julian's stuff from 79 until 1996. After Interpreter I had lotsa other priorities (like a kid came along) and there wasn't much (any) spare cash around for years so I missed out on most of the post-Interpreter stuff and I wasn't on that early Interweb either, however I was on the KAK list and did get some news of releases through in the KAKalogues. I also got some nice postcards (thanks JC!).
I now breeze back and fill the gaps at my leisure and purchase stuff through Julian's till whenever possible (Black Sheep, You Gotta Problem, Audience with The Cope etc intermittently re-appear on the Merchandiser section for sale through HH). I pick up the odd disc on EBay. Some of the "extras" discs turn up on Blog sites (if you've bought the original CDs and lack the "rarities" discs...).
The HH/ LY Trip Advizer compilation from a few years back is (to my mind) an utterly fantastic compilation of some of JC's work (1999-2014) and well worth paying £11.99 for HH to send you a copy (you also get a free download only EP).

Saying that, I still play Kilimanjaro, Wilder, Piano, Peel Sessions, Shag etc. with some regularity. Indeed the cheapo Teardrops compilation "The Greatest Hit" (which has the 7" edit of "When I Dream" and the orchestral version of "Suffocate") never leaves my car. It has eased a troubled mind on many a journey.
Some of the early 00's stuff commands silly prices (Dark Orgasm etc) and Floored Genius volume 4 can be tricky to pick up, but hey... you don't need to gorge everything at once. Grazing is better fun...

Now as for Rite, Odin, Woden, Queen Elizabeth, Brain Donor... maybe that is for another post

Unsung Forum Index