Register
Unsung Forum »
First Record of the Weekend 30.06.2017.

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Re: First Record of the Weekend 30.06.2017.
Jul 01, 2017, 13:52
Can - Delay 1968. In Heptonstall Church, no less.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2017, 19:41
Jul 01, 2017, 19:41
I think it was Third Power Believe (expanded 2016 version) that was on the 3 changer first this morning.
Great lp and bonusd.
Detroit 3 piece featuring vocals and bass of Jem Targal which is quite delightful.
Veers between Detroit dunt and more spacey psychy stuff.
Very recommended. I thought I'd just discovered thsi was the last few copies of a Record Store day release when I finally ordered it but looks like a lotof places restocked it.
Anyway great remaster and the bonus material is as good as the original lp. I think this is pretty much the complete works of this band now.
Targal did a more folky singer songwriter lp in the mid 70s I think.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Jul 01, 2017, 22:49
Always dug Snaz: a damn fine live album by Scotland's greatest rock band*. Thanks to your reminder I'm playing it now.

(* I rate SAHB even higher, but they weren't fully Scottish. And the Jesus and Mary Chain supercede a mere "rock" categorisation)
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2550 posts

Edited Jul 02, 2017, 09:36
Jul 02, 2017, 09:35
Fitter Stoke wrote:
Always dug Snaz: a damn fine live album by Scotland's greatest rock band*. Thanks to your reminder I'm playing it now.

(* I rate SAHB even higher, but they weren't fully Scottish. And the Jesus and Mary Chain supercede a mere "rock" categorisation)

Yeah a fantastic album. Zal Cleminson of SAHB, as you probably know, played and wrote songs on the No Mean City and Malice In Wonderland albums.

(As you probably know as well I think there is one better Scottish band (I like SAHB and JaMC) and they have a studio album on the way now that the 'Acoustic' is finished with for the moment.)
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Jul 02, 2017, 10:49
I dig Simple Minds up to 'Sparkle In The Rain' but they lost me after that, the first live album excepted. Amazing run of albums up to then though.

I just remembered Aereogramme as well...
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2550 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 08:48
Fitter Stoke wrote:
I dig Simple Minds up to 'Sparkle In The Rain' but they lost me after that, the first live album excepted. Amazing run of albums up to then though.

I just remembered Aereogramme as well...

The Salvo re-issue of Snaz has Every Young Mans Dream and Let Me Be Your Leader (from The Fool Circle album)plus a fair bit of the Seattle concert from the same tour.

Mind you Chvrches are excl and Twilight Sad came out of Aereo so not all bad.

You should give Graffiti Soul, Black & White and Big Music a listen :-)
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index