Butthole Surfers book

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1705 posts

Butthole Surfers book
Jun 26, 2017, 10:00
More shameless self-promotion here: I've written a biography of the Butthole Surfers that is being published later this year by Eleusinian Press. We've set up a kickstarter, which is basically a way for people to pre-order the book cheaper than the eventual retail price while drumming up some publicity. If we get enough pre-orders we might even be able to have a suitably debauched launch party! Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1203601213/fundraiser-for-a-band-biography-of-the-butthole-su

The book is called Scatological Alchemy and is full of all the crazy tales you'd expect plus my in-depth gonzo appreciations of the band's recorded output. Might be of interest to some here?
Mantid
100 posts

Re: Butthole Surfers book
Jun 27, 2017, 05:21
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
More shameless self-promotion here: I've written a biography of the Butthole Surfers that is being published later this year by Eleusinian Press. We've set up a kickstarter, which is basically a way for people to pre-order the book cheaper than the eventual retail price while drumming up some publicity. If we get enough pre-orders we might even be able to have a suitably debauched launch party! Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1203601213/fundraiser-for-a-band-biography-of-the-butthole-su

The book is called Scatological Alchemy and is full of all the crazy tales you'd expect plus my in-depth gonzo appreciations of the band's recorded output. Might be of interest to some here?

Thanks, I'm a huge fan and have longed for something like this! I'm in.
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Jun 27, 2017, 19:50
Sounds good to me! Hairway To Steven in particular is an awesome album.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 27, 2017, 21:42
Wow...if i added this book to my library,
the closest alphabetical title i own that it would nestle against would be a 'Season In Hell' by Arthur Rimbaud..!
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1705 posts

Jun 28, 2017, 11:29
dhajjieboy wrote:
Wow...if i added this book to my library,
the closest alphabetical title i own that it would nestle against would be a 'Season In Hell' by Arthur Rimbaud..!

Appropriate. I think you should do it.
Mark1971
Mark1971
252 posts

Jun 29, 2017, 14:39
Looks wonderful. I grew up all-wrong due to loving the BH Surfers in my late teens.

Also great to see you're in the F23 Notwork, I'm a good mate of Tim's up/down/over here in Sheffield.
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1705 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 11:35
Mark1971 wrote:
Looks wonderful. I grew up all-wrong due to loving the BH Surfers in my late teens.

Also great to see you're in the F23 Notwork, I'm a good mate of Tim's up/down/over here in Sheffield.

Cheers! Ah, Tim and Laura are absolutely brilliant, as are the other Sheffield Discordians. Have you been to any of the F23 events up there? We may have met or at least been in the vicinity of each other if so.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Jul 04, 2017, 22:07
Jul 01, 2017, 19:43
There is an oral history of the band around that some people have recommended though apparently it is both pricey and not properly proofread.
But will look forward to this, the texas psychedelia book was quite good. Do wish that Gathering had an accompanying soundtrack cd though. Or somebody released a tie in one.

Stevo
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jul 05, 2017, 16:29
Jul 04, 2017, 14:21
I've just made a pledge so count me in. I'll expect lots of depraved anecdotes about acts of drug-fuelled debauchery of course.
Mark1971
Mark1971
252 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 15:54
I have indeed, I was at Festival 23 itself playing records at various points.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index