Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 June 2017 CE

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 June 2017 CE
Jun 13, 2017, 04:34
I've been enjoying a fair bit of vintage Klaus. Right up to Body Love. Very good for driving a particularly scenic chunk of the LA freeways that is my sons school run. Threw in some Tim Blake today to keep the mood going.
Talking of Body Love, the movie, not surprisingly it's not on YouTube. Probably best left to my imagination.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jun 13, 2017, 10:12
I can see the entire DM output ending up on the shelves here as well, once you realise that for a long time they've written songs for stadium sized crowds to sing and dance to it makes more sense of the sometimes ponderous tunes, watching 86,000 people go apeshit to 'Everything Counts' has changed my viewpoint on what I thought was a littlke pop ditty
Will probably pop into HMV and see what cheapo books they have on the shelf to investigate further, if only to see if I can find out more about the mysterious 'Toast Hawaii' covers album that may or may not exist
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jun 13, 2017, 10:24
Still deciding if I need to go beyond Moondawn, I remember Bodylove parts 1 & 2 filling the cutout bins in the record shops back in the late 70s, I'll probably go saddo completeist and get them just to fill the gaps up to the live album.
I can imagine he would go well with cruising down the freeway, and be a somewhat calming influence when stuck in the 15 mile tailback
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jun 13, 2017, 13:15
Toast Hawaii was also a short-lived record imprint for Fletcher. He released the initial Client records on it (which are also recommended if you've not heard them).
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Jun 13, 2017, 15:50
Mercyfully my drive is wide open. I would contemplate suicide if it wasn't. Mind I have to get back from Santa Monica today at rush hour which is a mindnumbing crawl for an hour and a half. I should try Cyborg. I never did crack that one, even with Julian's egging on in the Krautrocksampler. To be honest I tend to take the back streets at that time of day and get much
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Jun 13, 2017, 15:52
Fun with gems like David Lynch's Crazy Clown Time.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jun 14, 2017, 07:11
I love Cyborg, anyone who grew up in the 70s with Dr Who has got to love it. You can imagine the creepy showroom dummies on their downtime putting their feet up, having a smoke and giving it a whirl, you would need a pretty awesome commute to do it justice though, it's more a evening listen
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index