Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 June 2017 CE

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 June 2017 CE
Jun 07, 2017, 08:18
Dimeadozen have some live stuff up including a recently reupped live Tokyo 73 dvd.
May also have such things as Lifetime, Mwandishi Band and Dave Liebman's Lookout Farm.
tk421
121 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 10:09
Herbaliser - Remedies

PJ Harvey - Stories from the City, stories from the Sea. She doesn't let you down, this gal.

Quick question, how does recorded Herbaliser compare to live Herbaliser? There was a period about ten years ago when they would be on the mid afternoon slot of festivals and I always enjoyed them in a sunny day at a festival kid of way. I never bought any stuff though, so I am curious? Is there any you recommend?

I like PJ Harvey but I don't love her. I don't know why. It's a good album, as is to bring you my love. Maybe I should try harder with her stuff.

Thanks
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 13:56
Word has it that Session 1&2 are worth getting regarding The Herbaliser. Have yet to listen to these myself... I have just put them on my list, now that I think of it. I do have Something Wicked this way comes as well which is perfectly listenable without being essential - much like Remedies. Not perfectly qualified to answer your question I'm afraid as I've never seen them live.

And as for Peeje, have you checked out her last couple albums? I rate them very highly.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index