Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Julian Cope album-to-album thread on Steve Hoffman forum
May 31, 2017, 18:39
Citizensmurf wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Tripecac wrote:
We've finally got a Julian Cope album-to-album thread going on the Steve Hoffman forum. For those of you who are interested in discussing each album (and single and EP) in depth, you might want to check it out! It could also be a good opportunity to direct new Cope fans back to Head Heritage (and the Merchandiser)!

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/julian-cope-album-by-album-by-single-by-ep-by-pseudonym-thread.673888/

Thanks. I'm a fairly frequent lurker on that site, although I've never posted there as I'm not as much of a hardcore audiophile as many of the folk that do. It's always been a goldmine of information about classic 60s mono mixes amongst other things,though, so I'd be interested to see what the members have to day about Julian.

I'll join in once the discussion gets to the solo stuff, I'm not a big Teardrops fan. That forum needs more non-audiophile, non-classic rock posters, so people might realize music didn't stop in 1973. Everytime I go there, I scroll past umpteen fucking Beatles/Floyd/Stones threads just to find something worth discussing.

Yes, most of it is very much orientated towards the Baby Boomer Generation , but not exclusively - there was an album-by-album Fall thread a while back that was quite interesting, and I've had some good recommendations from one or two of the members there re. areas of music I don't know so much about like free jazz.

Unsung Forum Index