Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Chris Cornell RIP
May 18, 2017, 09:06
Breaking news.
52? Shit.
Whilst not a fan particularly I always thought he had a fantastic voice and seemed a good front man with Presence and Command!

RIP
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Chris Cornell RIP
May 18, 2017, 11:01
Oh dear. Looks like I spoke too soon when I said on the Brady thread that the Grim Reaper was finally beginning to pick deserving targets.

Can't honestly say I followed their career - the only track I'm really familiar with is "Black Hole Sun" - but nonetheless 52 is way too young to go. R.I.P.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 18, 2017, 12:57
!!
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

May 18, 2017, 16:08
Possibly suicide, they reckon. Very sad if it was.

Such a great voice.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

May 18, 2017, 18:28
Gutted about this. I loved Soundgarden and Audioslave and he was a truly great rock singer, easily up there with the greats. Also, "You know my name" was a kick Ass Bond song, perfect for the introduction of Daniel Craig's 007.
Suspected suicide? Sad, really. On the face of it Chris Cornell had it all - raw talent, rock god looks and apparently, for awhile at least, beast his demons. Given how many of his songs dealt with depression, who knows? A shame.

RIP
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

May 18, 2017, 20:16
The official cause of death has now been confirmed as suicide by hanging, according to Sixx Sense.
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

May 19, 2017, 08:22
Popel Vooje wrote:
The official cause of death has now been confirmed as suicide by hanging, according to Sixx Sense.

If this is true, then there's a particularly horrible coincidence here as May 18th is also the anniversary of Ian Curtis's death.
What an unpleasant date it's turned out to be for r'n'r fans.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

May 19, 2017, 13:39
Popel Vooje wrote:

Yes. Shocking and made even more so by the fact he'd just played a gig and was apparently in fine form. Three kids too. Terrible stuff
goosebal
goosebal
256 posts

May 20, 2017, 01:19
disappointed in the lack of love for Chris :( why so?

To the point that I'll relinquish HH

Don't get it. Maybe this forum is no longer for me.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

May 20, 2017, 03:17
This thread's seemed pretty respectful to him so far...
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index