Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Chesterwick
Chesterwick
64 posts

Even More D O P E ...
Apr 25, 2017, 15:10
Hiya Friends,

Extremely limited, album-length cassette featuring two exclusive, extended tracks (not on the 12") available from the Environmental Studies label from this Friday:

https://www.musicglue.com/environmental-studies/shop
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Even More D O P E ...
Apr 25, 2017, 16:40
Chesterwick wrote:
Hiya Friends,

Extremely limited, album-length cassette featuring two exclusive, extended tracks (not on the 12") available from the Environmental Studies label from this Friday:

https://www.musicglue.com/environmental-studies/shop

Ordering available now. Thanks for the heads up.
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Apr 25, 2017, 19:05
excellent, thanks! vinyl and cassette ordered!
Arbor
Arbor
35 posts

Apr 25, 2017, 19:40
Ordered both. thanks for the heads up!
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

Apr 25, 2017, 21:54
Got the tape. Considered the vinyl too, but got to be a bit frugal at the minute.
blahblahblah123
17 posts

Apr 26, 2017, 08:07
Thanks so much Chesterwick - great spot! Ordered my tape
Jeez
98 posts

Apr 26, 2017, 15:40
Thanks - just got on to this. Can play this on my old Sony Walkman. Looks like another interesting release from Julian.
Jeez
98 posts

Edited Apr 29, 2017, 16:00
Apr 29, 2017, 15:20
Er...this tape is great!
I found my cassette to WAV machine, and I really like it.
There is a HUGE amount of tape hiss - I thought my machine wasn't working properly - and side 1 starts off really quietly (a bit like Nothing (Jehovahkill)), but if you break open your enhancer/relaxer of choice, sit back and listen to this cassette for 42 minutes it really works.
I think you've got to like tracks like Rock Section/American Werewolf and the more far out tracks on Jehovahkill or Drain'd Boner like Pa Doden's Trae (which luckily is my sort of thing).
I prefer it to the 12" - it really deserves a digital release though, coz there's a lot of very low volume music almost drowned out by tape hiss.

Edit - what do you know about John Dryden who co-wrote track 2 - 17th Century poet - From Wikipedia:

Absalom and Achitophel is a landmark poetic political allegory, often satirical, by John Dryden (1631–1700). It was published in 1681. The poem tells the story of the rebellion of Absalom against King David, but that story is a cover or mask for satirical depictions of Charles II, and others, and the events of the day, which include the Popish Plot (1678), the Exclusion Crisis (1679-1681), and the Monmouth Rebellion (1685).
tippy wooder
85 posts

Apr 29, 2017, 21:46
Agreed... REALLY bad tape hiss.
keefus
keefus
239 posts

May 02, 2017, 09:54
Cheeky to ask, but…
any chance of an Mp3?