14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1701 posts

Edited Apr 19, 2017, 13:41
Re: 2017: First Quarter
Apr 19, 2017, 13:36
I can't say I've bought much music but I get sent a lot of stuff for review, much of it good. A few fine gigs and some other good times as well so far.

Records:

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard- Flying Microtonal Banana
Moonlandingz- Interplanetary Class Classics
Brian Jonestown Massacre- Don't Get Lost
Bardo Pond- Under The Pines
Damian Castellanos- Out Of Phase
The Black Angels- Death Song
Flowers Must Die- Kompost
Julian Cope- Drunken Songs / Rite At Ya
Pond- The Weather
Curse Of Lono- Severed
Matthew Edwards & The Unfortunates- Folklore
Ty Segall- S/T
Moon Duo- Occult Architecture
Peter Murphy- Bare Bones
Jane Weaver- Modern Kosmology
Gnoomes- Tschaak
Wire- Silver & Lead
Feral Ohms- S/T
Trupa Trupa- ++
Map 71- Gloriosa

Live:

The Fall + Bo Ningen
Julian Cope
Lewes Psych Fest (Flamingods, Sculpture, The Lucid Dream)
King Champion Sounds
Moon Duo
The Sun Ra Arkestra in Lewes

Plus working the 14 Hour Super Weird Happening in Liverpool which was amazing although I missed most of what was going on in the various rooms (including all the live bands) but did get to see Alan Moore interviewed onstage by Youth, and the art exhibitions by Melinda Gebbie and Jamie Reid, which I helped hang, and I assembled a TARDIS and performed a couple of poetry sets and also a multimedia performance of my 'warp in progress' science fiction novel Amorphous Albion with live music and visual projections courtesy of the Hove Space Arkestra and Shardcore respectively.

Plus plus plus an amazing creative retreat earlier this year with my Discordian Festival 23 / Cosmic Trigger crew in the Welsh Shangri-La that is Cae Mabon, and getting to meet and interview Debbie Harry and Chris Stein, and the usual Brighton weird music and poetry and fun and games all going on, so definitely enjoying 2017 so far, personally.

Unsung Forum Index