Cardiff

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Cardiff
Feb 26, 2017, 21:01
Just in case anyone was on their way, Cardiff gig has been cancelled - sign just says due to circumstances outside the artist and the venue's control.
Paul Higgins
85 posts

Edited Feb 26, 2017, 22:48
Re: Cardiff
Feb 26, 2017, 22:46
I arrived at the door at 7.30 and some guys outside told me it had been cancelled. Then a guy from inside came out and said they couldn't get the lighting to work. Pretty fucking lame isn't it really??? Travelled there from Hereford, had time off work for tomorrow, couldn't get a refund at the hotel I was staying at and had to buy a new return train ticket home. All in all pretty crap and out of pocket!!!! At least I am home now and about to sleep in my own bed I guess. Oh well... the guy said Julian wants to re-schedule it for another time so that is at least something. I wonder when that will be if at all?

I think in all my concert-going times this has only happened to me once before when I've turned up the venue to hear bad news... it was Julian in Birmingham many, many years back. I think that was an illness on the bands side though rather than some fault of the venue.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Feb 26, 2017, 22:50
Similar to you. Travelled by train from Cheltenham, lost a day's leave and cost over £100 with tickets, train and hotel. Will be pretty poor if it's a lighting problem tbh.
Paul Higgins
85 posts

Feb 27, 2017, 06:53
I went there (The Globe) last year to see Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds and it's not an amazing venue to be honest. Perhaps Julian favoured 'small and intimate' but The Tramshed is much better and bigger. The Globe is pretty tiny to be fair.
Paul Higgins
85 posts

Mar 04, 2017, 18:42
Bit shocked there has been no announcement or apology about this from Julian's part. Not a mention on Dorian's twitter, Julian's facebook or on here. Does he not give a flying toss about his fans making the effort to go and see him wasting time and money to find out at the last minute it was cancelled??? The silence would suggest the answer is no, he doesn't. All a bit shite if you ask me! Thought he was a cool dude!
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Mar 04, 2017, 20:46
It sounds to me like the venue / promoter owes both an explanation.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Mar 05, 2017, 10:53
It would be nice if any enquiries were met with something other than silence to be honest. The only communication was the venue on Twitter saying the decision was made just before the doors, then the ticket agent sent an apology email, but there's been nothing from venue, promoter or Julian about it.

I get what you're saying KC, but if I had a website to promote my music and gigs I think I would've put something up to acknowledge the cancellation at least, even if I didn't want to give an explanation - maybe so as not point fingers or cause embarrassment to someone. Most of the questions people posted at the time were expressions of concern for JC rather than anything else.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Mar 06, 2017, 14:19
"Julian was extremely sorry to have to cancel his performance at the Globe in Cardiff on Sunday, 26th February, due to circumstances beyond his control. He is however delighted to announce the show has now been rescheduled for Thursday 20th April at The Tramshed.

Tickets on sale from Wednesday 8 March – original tickets remain valid.

http://www.seetickets.com/event/julian-cope/tramshed/1039660/"
Paul Higgins
85 posts

Mar 06, 2017, 14:40
Well that's shut me up !!! Ha ha ! Now I have to eat my words!!!

Great news and great change of venue. The Tramshed is much better.

Ace!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Mar 06, 2017, 17:31
That's good news. I'm unlikely to be able to make this new date due to other commitments that week and the cost of another hotel/train booking, but at least it's back on.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index