Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Edited Aug 31, 2017, 21:47
Re: Neon Sardinia Synths
Aug 23, 2017, 15:28
Citizensmurf wrote:
Well 3 months later and I finally have my Korg Monologue in hand. It's physically quite small, but packs a large sound. The filter sounds amazing, very excited to play around with this. Very portable too, it can run off 6 AA batteries, so you might see me in the campground twiddling knobs.

Well I went a bit synth crazy the last few months, realizing how much fun the Monologue is, and how I wanted to make more sounds. I know there are a ton of soft synths available, but I truly like the feel of knobs and sliders rather than mouse clicks and scrolling.

So I ended up getting:

Korg Volca Beats, Bass & FM
Korg Monotron Delay & Duo
Bastl Dude (in-line mixer), Kastle (Tiny modular synth) & Microgranny (granular sampler)

I don't even know what type of music I want to make, I'm just having fun experimenting and playing around. I think a lot of electronic music sounds the same because people just want to make sick beats and loops, but there is so much more one can do if you just think differently. My 10 year old daughter is playing with them as well so we have fun together.

Honestly I've had a guitar for 20 years, and I haven't been this inspired to create music since I was a teen.

If you are interested in small tabletop synths, the Volcas and the stuff that Bastl (Czech Republic) make, check them out.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index